Best Internet Service Provider in CABA?

More secure than using your cell as a hotspot is putting your phone in USB tether mode. With a USB cable, your phone and PC are directly connected, and nobody can hack your wifi. Usually, this will also get you a superior connection.

More secure than using your cell as a hotspot is putting your phone in USB tether mode. With a USB cable, your phone and PC are directly connected, and nobody can hack your wifi. Usually, this will also get you a superior connection.
Hotspot is extremely secure, and speed of hotspot connection is 36 megabits down, 20 up, as measured just now in my apartment.

For emergency use, I hardly think it's necessary to go out and buy a phone-to-PC USB cable, but if you want to kill a fly with a sledgehammer, be my guest.

Hotspot is extremely secure, and speed of hotspot connection is 36 megabits down, 20 up, as measured just now in my apartment.

For emergency use, I hardly think it's necessary to go out and buy a phone-to-PC USB cable, but if you want to kill a fly with a sledgehammer, be my guest.
I just use the same cable that came with the phone, the one that usually connects phone to charger. There's no special cable needed, and frankly I have a whole slew of USB cables in my house, with all sorts of connectors :)

I just use the same cable that came with the phone, the one that usually connects phone to charger.
Yeah, iPhone people are so funny sometimes: "a phone-to-PC USB cable" :)

Rich One: just turn on the hotspot on your phone.
If you are on a prepaid plan, buy an internet package, otherwise simply use the data on your plan.

Last edited:
Yeah, iPhone people are so funny sometimes.

Rich One: just turn on the hotspot on your phone.
If you are on a prepaid plan, buy an internet package, otherwise simply use the data on your plan.

Thanks but my Samsung is Android..?

Thanks but my Samsung is Android..?
Samsung is super easy
gearwheel icon for Options > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering
Tether option will be greyed out unless you're connected to the PC with a USB cable, but they're both on the same page - easy peasy

and yes, iPhone people are funny
When I bought a Xiaomi 2 years ago, my brother was all hoity-toity about it, saying, "I don't think I'd want a Chinese phone". I asked him what he had, he said iPhone. I told him you know that's made in China also, right? To which he replied "that's different".

Just spoke with the Flow technician and he corroborated that older hardware may not go above 100 mbps speed . Also stated that to have 300 Down/Up load must have Fibre Optics connection.
So this confirms what SanTelmoForever mentioned. Believe-it-or-not.

Just spoke with the Flow technician and he corroborated that older hardware may not go above 100 mbps speed . Also stated that to have 300 Down/Up load must have Fibre Optics connection.
So this confirms what SanTelmoForever mentioned. Believe-it-or-not.

You gave him an excuse, and he repeated it back to you.

Why don't you check if you actually have a 100Mbps Ethernet adapter on your notebook or PC?

I believe, the last commercially produced computer with a 100Mbps adapter was the Raspberry Pi 3,
which was priced at 35 dollars and was discontinued in 2019.

Personal does not offer a 300Mbps plan in areas where their network/equipment does not support it.

Why don't you check if you actually have a 100Mbps Ethernet adapter on your notebook or PC?

Personal does not offer a 300Mbps plan in areas where their network/equipment does not support it.
I have the 300Mbps plan from Flow, supposedly I Have then Fibre Optics..?
Not sure about the Ethernet adapter installed on my laptop ?

Back