Best Japanese Food Outside Of Japan (So Far...:)

What can I say? IF you are a bit of a Nihontophile like me - or just miss the taste of real Japanese food - I (now) live close enough to this place to walk even - best damn Japanese food outside of Japan that I have eaten... I *knew* it was going to be good as I walked in the door - outside the unmarked diplomatic car with armed security (inside the Japanese ambassador and family) - 90% of the guests were speaking Japanese and EVERYTHING - total quality - even the blow your brains out sake at the end - nice and chilled and oh so much better than the chinese made shit only good enough to clean your toilet with... I will DEFINITELY going back soon - what an excellent night... Warning - its NOT on the cheap side - for 4 expect to pay 2000 pesos - but really, its a wonderful find...

Thanks for the price warning! Do they have any fish other than salmon and white fish? I am dying for some eel.

Not sure - but I know this - it was the best Japanese menu I have seen in a while - *very* complete - they EVEN have shabu shabu and would you believe it, Nutto? :) lol I couldn't believe my eyes :) Myself and my partner ordered about 4 dishes, a good bottle of red, a few sakes and so on and I think we came in just under 800 - so that is where my guesstimate of about 2000 pesos for 4 came from...

Nutto? I think you meant Natto.

Price range is too expensive for me :(.

The restaurant in the Japanese Garden is excellent but also expensive, but not as expensive as this restaurant.

Having lived in Japan for 5 years, I miss Japanese food greatly. It is my favorite cuisine by far.

On a hot humid BA summer day I'd die for some Zaru Soba: Cold Soba Noodles

zarusobafinal1.jpg

Yes - you got it in one Joe - Natto :) lol You know the dish - the one the Japanese themselves think is really weird when they hear one of us ''gaijin'' actually eats it or likes it :) lol Where were you? I was in Makuharihongo about 7 stops from Chiba (or jumping the main line in Tsudanama 30 minutes from Tokyo... Have to admit it - I can go for a long time but then, suddenly, I have *the urge*...:)

damning me! Did not make it to the gran Argentina this time around...
My buddy whom has terminal prostate cancer got kind of weak to continue
the trip past Santiago. Had to bring him back to Lima to be re-admitted
into the clinica..

I really waanted to get acquinted with that fabulous world renown city.
Perhaps in a couple of month I shall return but this time will skip other
Lat Am cities and fly direct to Buenos Aires, to may be gettin' to meet the
Juanito-san and Joe-san whilst visiting there..Also to stop and get me a
hair clip under the knife of god hand, the maestra Montauk-san too...

It will be good to meet you when you do - send me a message when you are heading this way ;)

Back