Best Japanese Food Outside Of Japan (So Far...:)

You can buy Nattō in the more westerly Casa China on Arribeños. It's in the freezer section at the back in small plastic containers.

At the "Freezer section" ? NO way, the real Nattous can not be frozen, the fermentation is alive, and have to keepin' on increasing every time. Try freezing a good cheese ! You will ruin it ! Period.
If you find a Nattou that has been frozen prior, they are no good..The freezing process has killed all the good ongoing fermentation ! _Asesinos-!!

I just posted in response to:

You can buy Nattō in the more westerly Casa China on Arribeños. It's in the freezer section at the back in small plastic containers.
________________________________________________________________________________

Why in hell I do get this warning: _Your post needs mod's approval in order to be posted?
WTF, I have been posting more than a couple of years already so don't need this *$%@...

Hybrid Ambassador -

I don't eat it, I use it to make my own face masks with little paper masks (5 bucks or so for 100) from Hong Kong. Works really well, super cheap, no complaints as yet! It's a much better alternative to the My Beauty Diary Natto masks from Taiwan, which are full of chemicals and much more expensive/ less eco-friendly.

Mmmmh - I've never heard of Natto being used in this way - and Hybrid Ambassador - thanks for telling me this - I had no idea... Anyway - that resto around the corner here in Belgrano IS very good and has old favourites like Natto and Shabu Shabu on the menu so I think another visit might be in order soon :)

damn - hybrid ambassador - I think the approval thing you are talking about just happened to a post of mine then in which I tried to test it out - in this case I have a feeling its to do with this word...
kPSCWHXvsowLzPv-556x313-noPad.jpg

BINGO - if I had used that word the post would have been stopped automatically because that word is obviously on ''the list'' of words that the system looks for - and then the other word (I think) was that I used the word ''M*derator" - just substitute ''o'' for ''*'' and you have the word - but I think that if you type that word exactly your post will also be held up for someone to look at and read it and approve it rather than getting posted immediately (yes, I know - it was a quiet day and not a lot of customers and not a lot to do so I just wasted a few minutes experimenting for the heck of it :) lol

Whhmmm, my posts goes without any "red taping" most 90% of times but from time to time it gets flagged and saz, your post need mod's approval!

No idea Hybrid Ambassador - all I do know is that I weakened again last night - this time we (three of us) didn't get much change out of 1000 pesos - but what a night :) Mmmmh, yakitori, karaage, teriyaki, ebi, the works - and of course more good sake to finish off with :) I'm going to make it a special treat for us to go once a month though I think - its not something I can afford to do every night :)

PS Last night someone was ordering the shabu shabu and it looked and smelt wonderful as well :) The only thing that for me is a *bit* different is the karaage I remember in Japan - I am sure it was not so dry - the style here is a bit different - still delicious but not as tenderized/fried/moist in style - finding it hard to get the right word here. Still delicious though. It was nice to see that after having been there a second time I still came away feeling wonderfully satisfied with a superb meal :)

Back