Best Laptop Computer

Buy a mac. The resale value here, when you're done traveling will be more than you originally purchased it for - if you keep it in good condition. Don't bring a machine that needs to be fixed, the prices here for electronics or electronic repairs are out of control. Good luck!

We bought an HP and when it broke down during the warranty period, we found out the the Argentinian HP does not honor the warranty of machines they do not carry locally. So, I would double check to make sure your warranty would be honored here.

Cheng said:
We bought an HP and when it broke down during the warranty period, we found out the the Argentinian HP does not honor the warranty of machines they do not carry locally. So, I would double check to make sure your warranty would be honored here.

Did you force the issue.. as i am pretty sure if it had an international warranty they have to fix it.. they probably couldnt be bothered fixing it is more like it.. to hard, and would have to maybe order parts from overseas..

My business laptop they didnt sell in argentina either, it was to high spec'ed, and when the LCD packed up they didnt have any with as high resolution, so they had to order.. but they did installed a temp lower resolution LCD.. which worked fine..

As for all the MAC fans.. there is just as many porblems with them, and they are especially known for over heating because of the lovely round case without air holes everywhere like on other laptop brands.. as a percentage of owners they have a higher rate of hard disk problems - due to over heating...

No Davonz... there are not "just as many problems with them"....
I have my macbook pro for 5 years now..
Never had to bring it in for repair..
Tell me one PC ever that could claim even 1 year...

Thats why they cost a bit more...on the short run
and PC cost much more on the long run

davonz said:
Did you force the issue.. as i am pretty sure if it had an international warranty they have to fix it.. they probably couldnt be bothered fixing it is more like it.. to hard, and would have to maybe order parts from overseas..

They wouldn't even look at it. Just said they didn't carry it here and they will not honor the warranty. I called the US but they told me the same thing. Fortunately, it was not a major issue. It turns out that all I had to do was remove the battery and press the start button. But HP told me the mother board needed repair and they wouldn't do it. :eek:

Back