Best Mexican Resturant In Ba?

There's a new one called Mezcal in Palermo that was decent (I've only been there once so far): http://www.yelp.com/biz/mezcal-buenos-aires-2

If you need spicy Chile Use the Locoto Boliviano HOT. Available at most verulerias Bolivianas
locoto-boliviano-14c8407e291928e9f5559a3a7bb69835-100-0.jpg

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsicum_pubescens
locoto30-6f03721b08bc16f890079c1785927f4d-100-0.jpg

Taco box on cerviño we used to go often. It's not authentic but I quite liked the food but it's a cool place - restaurant/bar. While you wait you can have a drink at the bar.

You might even be lucky enough to see an argentine c grade celebrity - we have seen a few there.

Adding a +1 for Fabrica del Taco. Don't know about the one in Palermo, but the one in Las Cañitas runs a 2-for-one special on carnitas tacos on Sundays, and the same thing for tacos al pastor on Wednesdays, both tasty and legit. They have actual corn tortillas, which I think they must make themselves (can't see how else they'd get them). It's not a full-plate Mexican restaurant with the whole rice/beans/enchilada/tamale thing, more like your average taco cart in DF (minus the nopales and brains, but also without the sense of impending doom after eating!), but as Mexican street food goes it's by far the closest I've found to the real deal here. Haven't tried Mescal yet but it looks like it could be a contender. Years ago there was a Oaxacan place near Plaza Armenia with good moles, but I'm pretty sure it's long gone. The burrito place on Thames is bland, but could pass for a Chipotle franchise - not what you'd call authentic. Lupita, at the far other end of the spectrum (and right across the street from Fabrica del Taco in both Las Cañitas and Palermo), is overpriced and bears no similarity to Mexican food whatsoever.

Another Texan throwing another vote for La Fabrica del Taco, I don't find it just good for here, it's just good, period. I love that place, the tacos are great and so is the onda.
They have a tequila bar across the street from the Gorriti location that supposedly has tortas but I haven't ever had them.

Mezcal in Plaza Armenia is just decent, it's beautifully decorated, the drinks were great, they did the margarita right (which shouldn't be a hard task but my margarita on the rocks from Taco Box had sugar in it, prepared like a Caipinha, i never went back). The food at Mezcal wasn't bad but the enchiladas were just the enchiladas, where' smy rice and beans!? haha but beggars can't be choosers

But summary, when I want enchiladas, i cook them. When I don't want to cook, fabrica del taco all the way

La Fabrica del Taco is the only place I dream about :)
Great guacamole and real hot sauce.

Mezcal in Plaza Armenia is just decent, it's beautifully decorated, the drinks were great, they did the margarita right (which shouldn't be a hard task but my margarita on the rocks from Taco Box had sugar in it, prepared like a Caipinha, i never went back). The food at Mezcal wasn't bad but the enchiladas were just the enchiladas, where' smy rice and beans!? haha but beggars can't be choosers

I agree, I had the enchiladas and they were just okay. My friends ordered some of the tacos and they looked better, I plan to try them next time.

Real Revolucion has good tacos and burritos - I far prefer it to la fabrica del taco. It's also the only "mexican" restaurant I've been to more than once, as all the other ones I tried were mediocre to terrible. I haven't tried "la adorada" yet, though.

If you need spicy Chile Use the Locoto Boliviano HOT. Available at most verulerias Bolivianas
locoto-boliviano-14c8407e291928e9f5559a3a7bb69835-100-0.jpg

https://es.wikipedia...sicum_pubescens
locoto30-6f03721b08bc16f890079c1785927f4d-100-0.jpg
I almost burst into flames this winter when i dumped a whole package of locoto in my super power Mc kenna ranch stew!!!.It is gooooood stuff and of course, later there were tears of joy(i know TMI)but be aware this thing should be handled with extreme caution :eek:

Back