Best Mexican Resturant In Ba?

No offence to the hot sauce stuffers, but when you open the Rooney suitcase after a border run all you will find are wall-to-wall corn tortillas. I can make my own hot sauce with ingredients here TYVM; refritos, no problemo; hell i can even make my own al pastor. But what i cant find are decent tortillas: the foundational building blocks of Mexican cuisine and thereby the key nutrient that all humans need to survive on this harsh planet.

The flattened hockey pucks they served me at places like Cielito Lindo, Fábrica del Taco and Mole should be banned by a UN convention.

La Fabrica del Taco opened some 20 years ago, when palermo soho and plaza serrano area where a boom. La adorada, a tequila house with also serves tortas (mexican sandwiches) across the street on Gorriti is nice, and the arquitect made miracles with such a tiny place.

La Fabrica del Taco opened some 20 years ago, when palermo soho and plaza serrano area where a boom. La adorada, a tequila house with also serves tortas (mexican sandwiches) across the street on Gorriti is nice, and the arquitect made miracles with such a tiny place.

Perhaps you are thinking of Xalapa? Xalapa was here when I first got here 10 years ago, but La Fabrica only opened around 2009 (I remember because my mum stayed across the street from them when we got married here and they had only opened relatively recently).

GMXam, nice to see you. Perhaps it's my New Year's Day hangover, but just wondering if you mean Che Taco is 'hands down' the best (assume so), or if you mean it's no good.

If you think it's the best, I am definitely going to check it out. Part of the reason I haven't been there yet is that I didn't want to be disappointed!

tacos, a polarizing debate haha. I'm surprised people think LFDT's so bad, My Mexican roommates were the ones who brought me there and if Mexicans found it to be good Mexican food, well then, that was enough for me haha It is pricey for the portions though, but you can get 2x1 promotions depending on the day.. that helps quite a bit.

Mexican Resto Prices :eek: :mad: I worked for 5 years in Pasadena and went often for lunch to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican resto owned by Doña Luisa.We ate a combo plate with BLACK beans with cheese, tacos and enchilada for a few dollars.
Here I resent paying as much for a Mexican dish as for a nice steak ($150) The price of a Mexican dish should be like 2 empanadas $30 pesos :cool:

Mexican Resto Prices :eek: :mad: I worked for 5 years in Pasadena and went often for lunch to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican resto owned by Doña Luisa.We ate a combo plate with beans with cheese, tacos and enchilada for a few dollars.
Here I resent paying as much for a Mexican dish as for a nice steak ($150) The price of a Mexican dish should be like 2 empanadas $30 pesos :cool:

Right? I guess it's considered exotic.

In the same vein, there's a place in Houston that gets a minimum of 14 bucks for an enchilada plate, up to like, 30. Cheese enchiladas with trimmings - maybe two dollars cost to get it on the plate, including labor.

Hands down the best I've found in BA, besides my own kitchen of course

GMXam, nice to see you. Perhaps it's my New Year's Day hangover, but just wondering if you mean Che Taco is 'hands down' the best (assume so), or if you mean it's no good.

If you think it's the best, I am definitely going to check it out. Part of the reason I haven't been there yet is that I didn't want to be disappointed!

Back