Best parrillas / steakhouses

In my opinion:

Don Julio is expensive and the best. However I've never had a steak at the Alvear.
Parrilla Peña is good, not great.
I was not impressed with La Cabrera. Too many side dishes hiding mediocre steaks.
La Brigada was great until the steak arrived. It was pink (I ordered rare) and dry.
Carneseria is great if they give you a good cut. Doesn't always happen.
Another excellent steak house is Pablo Luis in Barrio Chino.

T/

Alki beach! That and Golden Gardens were my old stomping grounds for some good beach volleyball. Gotta find where they play here.

Thanks for the insights. Will also give Pablo Luis a try.

Its almost impossible to find together in one place - these 4 in combination - in BA

1. Great farm raised steak ( quality - Don Julio)

2. Great Ambience for a romantic date - low lights.

3. Great service by waiting staff. polite/ no rush/empty table fast

4. No long waiting for getting a place (long queue/reserve may days in advance)

Still to find such a place in BA

Recently, I have tried -

1. Parrilla Los Pinos - Great Meat. Poor service. Poor ambience. good option for meat lovers.

2. Javi's Parrilla Restaurant - very very mediocre in every aspect.

At the risk of not being able to get a table next time I'll throw my favorite in, surprised no one has mentioned "El Establo" corner of Paraguay and San Martin. Great beef, imho, proper traditional waiters. Mostly but not all men at the tables. More of a cultural experience than a romantic dinner destination.

At the risk of not being able to get a table next time I'll throw my favorite in, surprised no one has mentioned "El Establo" corner of Paraguay and San Martin. Great beef, imho, proper traditional waiters. Mostly but not all men at the tables. More of a cultural experience than a romantic dinner destination.

El Establo, small parrilla, great for people Downtown, Paraguay.489.? Used to visit it in 2003, a favorite for tourists at the Sheraton Retiro.Maybe worth the UBER ride..?

Thanks. Will definitely give them a try.

T/

Sometime in June, four of us (all locals) decided to have lunch at El Establo. We were nearby and their beef is usually good.
The reason for not recommending the place: surly waiters with the exception of one. On that day his tables were occupied so we left.
We headed to Parrilla Peña.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Food and Drink 10
pauper Expat Life 0
Back