Best parrillas / steakhouses

Don Julio gives a 20% discount off the entire bill with a Club La Nation card....any time, any day. It's worth getting a digital subscription to La Nation just to get the card.

T/

Tried another one

Rio Alba - good service, good selection of wines ,decent prices but v bad meat.

Tried another one

Rio Alba - good service, good selection of wines ,decent prices but v bad meat.

I agree Rio Alba has ammonic feed lot meat .

There are maybe 10 parillas that serve grass fed meat . My favourite cut of meat is the short ribs at Nuestro Secreto. This very fatty cut explodes with flavour and tenderness and once tried you will always return . Also the mollejas of cow and goat are sublime with a crunchy juicy texture not matched anywhere else for mollejas which for me are a special treat .

I like Fervor, Posadas 1519. Great selection of steaks and seafood. Absolutely phenomenal service. Excellent place for a date, and you can smoke cigars at Prado y Neptuno next door before or after.

Thanks Middle path.

I went to this restaurant on a date yesterday. Mindblowing meat. exquisite service. awesome ambience. 10/10. bill was 4000 pesos for two including two great portions of meat ( 400 gr) + Luis Borga wine + one postre. I have no doubt that meat was farm fed with no chemicals.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. ( the waiter told me not to come on a weekend though as service will not be this good)

Had the pleasure to eat some awesome meat in a restaurant called "Cabernet" in Luis Borges 1757. Excellent Service, Excellent ambience and excellent meat ( organic/farm raised).

I recommend the Lamb chops and T Bone steak.

Great desert ( Volcan with ice cream, the cake was hot)

They had one of the best wine collections, I have seen a restaurant in recent months.

Bill was 4000 pesos ( 48 usd) for 2.

Its almost impossible to find together in one place - these 4 in combination - in BA

1. Great farm raised steak ( quality - Don Julio)

2. Great Ambience for a romantic date - low lights.

3. Great service by waiting staff. polite/ no rush/empty table fast

4. No long waiting for getting a place (long queue/reserve may days in advance)

Still to find such a place in BA
Your home can have all 4.

estillo campo over in puerto madero is great... ive tried all the suggestions in this thread, but loved estillo campo

Its almost impossible to find together in one place - these 4 in combination - in BA

1. Great farm raised steak ( quality - Don Julio)

2. Great Ambience for a romantic date - low lights.

3. Great service by waiting staff. polite/ no rush/empty table fast

4. No long waiting for getting a place (long queue/reserve may days in advance)

Still to find such a place in BA

There is a place in Buenos Aires that offers all 4 on this list . Its called Nuestro Secreto in the Four seasons hotel on Posadas and Cerrito -
I was there last night and the terrace was stunning , relaxed with a large space between tables , very quiet and romantic . The staff there are the best in Buenos Aires exceedingly polite , and warm . I had no reserve and was seated outside in a magnificient table with a birds eye view of the Four Seasons Mansion and pool .

The food is to die for and there is no meat of this quality in any restaurant in Buenos Aires . Its organic free range meat and I have in 20 visits there had the most incredible steaks . i love the asado de tira or the ojo del bife served rare.

Hi Perry, you were one or two people at Nuestro Secreto. What was the price like? with or without wine/postre?

Hi Perry, you were one or two people at Nuestro Secreto. What was the price like? with or without wine/postre?

Two people in the terrace . The value was 4800 pesos for two with deserts and soft drinks .

The meal included Haloumi Cheese ( Cypriot sheep and cows milk cheese) with pork chorizo . This was served with home made country bread and the best and creamiest Butter in Buenos Aires. Main courses were two ojo de bifes of 400 grams each served with humita and brie. Desert was grapefruit sorbet and vainilla nut icecream. This was accompanied with three drinks . Total cost 4800 pesos including tip.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Food and Drink 10
pauper Expat Life 0
Back