Best Restaurant in BA

One of the best experiences I've had - including the food, company and overall experience was at Casa SaltShaker. This is a 'closed door' restaurant. Easy to find info - just Google it. Many different newspaper write-ups around the world have highlighted this place.

I've been there only once so far. It was FANTASTIC. I cannot wait to return. The menu changes frequently and Dan has cooking classes also - during the day and evenings.

An event NOT TO MISS, in my opinion. Such a nice change from the standard restaurant experience - no matter how grand the food.

I love Miranda in Palermo. I don't even eat meat (though my partner says the meat dishes are quite good there), but this parrilla makes the BEST veg-friendly salads in the city (full of roasted veggies, bocconcino, sun-dried tomatoes, dressings such as rucula vinaigrette and creamy pesto.) The space is beautiful, there's no nickel-and-diming, and it's just an all-around pleasurable experience.

Other favorites are Buenos Aires Verde (so fresh, so high-quality, so un-Argentine) and Hanan (excellent Middle Eastern food, and one of the few that haven't started adding peanut paste to the hummus in place of the much-pricier tahini... Sarkis, I'm looking at you.)

If we're adding closed doors Cocina Sunae is one of the my top 3.
Pizza Piola has amazing wood fired pizzas with things like brie on top, not the standard Argie gross plastic cheese on top of spongy bread (if you like Argentine pizza disregard my entire post because you don't like the same kind of food I do)
for those who are tired of the greasy over cooked over hyped beef you can try one of the BEST vegetarian (& FISH!) restaurants I've ever eaten in ANYWHERE in the world Artemisia (artemesia?). So good. It's one of the few restaurants I've been in here that I would call really great without the qualifier (for Argentina)

I enjoyed reading all of your suggestions...

The best Italian restaurant I have been to in Buenos Aires was Piegari

http://www.piegari.com.ar/

It is in Recoleta in La Recova, a block from the Four Seasons.

Simply some of the best pasta I have ever had.

It is across the street from El Mirasol, the best parilla I have been to in Buenos Aires.

http://www.elmirasol.com.ar/

If you want to try some of the best restaurants in Recoleta, you can't miss La Recova, it has some of the best restaurants in town.

If you want gnocchi, you should try Sette Bacco. They do an amazing gnocchi a la romagna. Warning, they are not the potato white ones. They made with semolina are sooo yummy.

AlexfromLA said:
The best Italian restaurant I have been to in Buenos Aires was Piegari

http://www.piegari.com.ar/

It is in Recoleta in La Recova, a block from the Four Seasons.

Simply some of the best pasta I have ever had.

It is across the street from El Mirasol, the best parilla I have been to in Buenos Aires.

http://www.elmirasol.com.ar/

If you want to try some of the best restaurants in Recoleta, you can't miss La Recova, it has some of the best restaurants in town.

Mirasol is not what it used to be, and it is very expensive for what you get. Meat is not always good.
Piegari is good.

I know it may sound cliche, and seriously every single Argentine I've met here says it's the best sushi whether they've been there or not...Osaka. The prices were high, but the five of us that went were wowed. Everything came out looking beautiful, tasted great, and the service was fantastic and quick (a rarity here). Make sure to make a reservation no matter what day of the week.

Petanque - I love French food. Mostly I just stay home and just make my own, but sometimes taking 5 hours to make dinner gets old. Petanque is consistently great. They never overcook the steak, and their bread is fantastic. They also have fairly-priced lunch specials.

Quimbombo - A natural restaurant in Palermo Soho. They cook a sort of California nouveau cuisine. Everything tastes really fresh, and their drinks and smoothies are delicious.

Nectarine - I made the mistake of just consulting the old TimeOut, and making a reservation without checking the prices or atmosphere. Needless to say, it was somewhat formal and quite expensive. My husband was pretty pissed that I didn't find out and he showed up in a t-shirt and jeans. But the food and service was excellent.

I barely eat out anymore, but I heartily second Artemesia--fantastic. Definitely my favorite restaurant here in the city--their polenta lasagna is truly delicious.

Ajg said:
Hello all,

Looking for people's thoughts on which is the best restaurant in BA?? Is it La Cabrera, Oviedo, Sucre, anywhere else... any food type, any budget

Thanks,
Alex

El Manto, On Carranza. + Costa Rica

Back