Best Wines?

Davidglen77 said:
Most chinos don't have St. Felicien, the only time I have seen it at a chino was in Palermo (and I am sure recoleta) and the bottle was smudged and the label dirty.

Hache said:
I have my business located right above one who does. I think he's selling it at about $42. Villa Urquiza.

I admit, I live in Palermo (the biggest barrio in BsAs by far), so perhaps you're right about the cheto areas having it. But I would suspect that from San Nicolás to Nuñez and over to Devoto, plus Caballito and a few other barrios would have it as well.

Most chinos in ok to good neighborhoods are dripping with Catena Zapata products. And they are ALL much less than chain supermarkets because they are cheating on the taxes.

If you take a look in any chain supermarket, St. Felicien retails for about $70,00 per bottle for the standard varieties and goes up from there. If someone is selling St. Felicien for $42,00 it is most likely stolen from a truck, which happens all the time here. The average markup on wine is 25-30%, not more.

I am not one to judge people, however when people come into my shop offering stolen merchandise, I turn them away. I won't be a party to crime if I can help it. How many times have the guys who deliver things to my store been held up, have their truck full of merchandise stolen, been stripped down to their underwear and left on the side of the road. One guy was even killed for a van full of cigarettes.

I pick and choose where I buy for a variety of reasons, quality, confiability, "onda" with the store and staff, etc. I don't find stores where people are paid in negro, the owner lives / sleeps in the back of the store, origin of merchandise is questionable, don't accept credit or debit cards, etc. I know it's important to save money, but there are other ways like shopping on discount days, credit card points, wholesale purchases, etc.

Like I said, the only way that anybody could sell DV Catena wines for that cost is if they have obtained by non-legal means. Not judging anybody but they cost more than that to buy from the bodega itself:

http://www.vinotecafrappe.com.ar/productos.php?pagina=2
http://www.cotodigital.com.ar/buscar.asp
https://www.jumboacasa.com.ar/Comprar/Home.aspx

So the next time I see someone trying to sell me a TV, computer, leather jacket, or carton of champagne for really cheap even though I knew it was maybe stolen from your house maybe I should just go for it. Why do a little to prevent the rampant crime that affects us all. Enjoy your wine! I wonder how you would feel if someone robbed you and then sold all of your stuff for pennies on the dollar. Hope it never happens to you, but if it does, we'll see if your views change.......

I'm sorry david but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, here is an excerpt from the pricelist from the vinoteca I frequently shop with. Trust me, this is a large reputable business and I'm positive that none of these wines have "fallen off the truck".

1z7wom.png

PhilipDT said:
I'm sorry david but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, here is an excerpt from the pricelist from the vinoteca I frequently shop with. Trust me, this is a large reputable business and I'm positive that none of these wines have "fallen off the truck".

1z7wom.png

Ok sounds great. Please send me the information for this seller and I am sure if I decide to order from them they will sell me everything with the proper factura, etc.

Davidglen77 said:
I just copied this from another posting on this board, but it's exactly why things are "cheaper" at the chino supermarkets. You decide.......

http://www.clarin.com/ciudades/capi...-chip-heladeras-super-chinos_0_492550865.html

David's right.

The chino downstairs turns everything off. Because we share the same building, we have to talk and discuss things from time to time (especially overall maintenance of the whole place). We held meetings at their supermarket late at night, long after they closed, and believe me EVERYTHING was shut down. I saw it. They cover the stuff with a plastic foil to help things stay cold, but as far as the cold chain goes, they're sure breaking it EVERY night.

One more thing. I get their electricity bills. He pays about $1500. Isn't that a little too cheap for a supermarket full of refrigerators and huge freezers?

I still buy them cookies and soft drinks.

Hache said:
I have my business located right above one who does. I think he's selling it at about $42. Villa Urquiza.

Its also 42 pesos at my local chino in Villa del Parque

Back