Better than Starbucks and with Bagels!

Julieta...
The brand we use is, Cafe Cinco Hispanos, the ground is in a gold bag with red front and white writing...and the beans are in a black bag with gold front and white writing, I believe.
The ground is about 11 or 12 pesos for 500gms....the beans are more spendy, but you can get a very large bag so I am sure the price per kilo is good.
I have found this at Coto's, Carrfour, Jumbo's....it's everywhere.

***I use a rounded generous tablespoon, measuring kind, per 2 cups and that works well for a robust cup of coffee in a drip machine.

For everyone trying to find some good bagels, so far away from home:
WE´RE GLAD TO PRESENT YOU BAGELAZO!
Two best friends baking, selling and deliverying fresh, homemade bagels.
Please check out our blog:
www.elbagelazo.blogspot.com

Thank you!!

Evergreen Gal -- if you don't mind spending more, Martinez has decent coffee for sale -- you can get it ground for whatever type of machine or cafetera you have. I usually get a blend of two different roasts for a better flavour -- I usually go for the mocha + brasil, but some chains have different roasts (the one in Solar de la Abadia has an Italian roast that is good). It is more expensive than storebought, but it's much more drinkable. I'll be bringing back some coffee from Artigiano though when I go back to Vancouver in July!

The coffee beans in Argentina are mostly imported, just like in the USA, unfortunately Argentina chooses to import the cheap crap (like most food/drink here) or roast it cheaply, etc., but even worse is sitting at an itty bitty table in plastic chairs and trying to drink it from a thimble.

cujodu said:
The coffee beans in Argentina are mostly imported, just like in the USA, unfortunately Argentina chooses to import the cheap crap (like most food/drink here) or roast it cheaply, etc., but even worse is sitting at an itty bitty table in plastic chairs and trying to drink it from a thimble.

You are too funny!

I have noticed a change in the quality of coffee in recent years. Buenos Aires is supposed to be known for its excellent coffee but I have noticed lots of cheap imported imitations, as well. The minute you take a sip you can tell. Finding a great cup of coffee is not a "given" anymore. Same as steak.

Try ordering a "double" next time. The larger cups will make you feel better. :)

Carolina I agree with you 100 percent about the coffee and steak. Unfortunately to find real coffee with arabica beans is rare and then the serving sizes are small and anything with strength is US $ 3 .

The fantastic grass fed steaks of years gone by are becoming rarer and rarer . I remember clearlly in the early 2000s that just about any average cafe had excellent steak that would virtually melt in your mouth.

Boy I miss those days

wait a minute...did someone in this thread actually just say that Argentine coffee is "great?"

The coffee served in BA theses days is nearly as good as the pizza.

since this site censors and bans people without warning I have gone with my thoughts elsewhere

Back