Better than Starbucks and with Bagels!

Bagelazo said:
For everyone trying to find some good bagels, so far away from home:
WE´RE GLAD TO PRESENT YOU BAGELAZO!
Two best friends baking, selling and deliverying fresh, homemade bagels.
Please check out our blog:
www.elbagelazo.blogspot.com

Thank you!!

Are you guys still around? Your website isn't working..

Cheers

Now I know this is a pretty old thread, but there is a new bagel business in town. (http://english.quierobagel.com/)

I have had quierobagels a few times now and while they are not Ess-A-Bagels (for those NY'ers out there) they really did fill the bagel void. They do come frozen and are slightly undercooked (purposely) so stick them in the oven for awhile and soon you will have a warm, freshly baked bagel.

Don't forget the cream cheese and if you want lox. . .be sure to get the salmon ahumado fresca from JUMBO (don't bother with the packaged stuff in most of the supermercados). Throw on some red onion, tomato and a few capers. . and it will remind you of Sunday brunch in NYC!!

Knowing that I am from NYC and have quite a strong opinion about bagels, Diego the owner is always asking me for ways he can improve his recipe and make them more like Ess-A-Bagel.

I highly recommend them!!

Bueno provecho!!

ghost said:
The coffee served in BA theses days.... is nearly as good as the pizza.

Why Coffee Tastes So Bad
Well, Let me tell you the secret why coffee taste so bad!!!! It is not coffee at all. It has neither taste nor aroma of a real coffee. I have tasted every brand of coffee, including Starbucks, even tried so-called Organic coffee. You know what ?They all taste horrible. Either you buy from Aldi or from World Market, they are all the same. They are either tasteless bitter-tasteless, or simply taste like smoked cigarette tobacco. What it is , I think is some kind of a hybrid (mix of grass and artificial coffee beans). As of why you might ask me do the coffee beans look like beans and smell like coffee before you brew them? My best bet is that manufacturers simply spray those beans with a coffee aroma and beans are curved into beans. You know how tablet capsule looks like, and when you break it, it has a powder of medication. That's how I describe that coffee beans. Artificial capsule, looks like a coffee bean and sprayed with an aroma of coffee.
Should you even wonder about why coffee taste so horrible?
It is fraud! Just like majority of tasteless -artificial, plastic American food is. Do the vegetables and fruits smell and taste like they should? Of course, not! They are completely tasteless and don't even have any aroma. Why? Because they were inorganically grown, irradiated, and genetically altered. Thus, everything taste like a grass. Nutritional value? Zero!
As saying goes, " One apple a day , keeps a Doctor away!". Really? May I correct this, " One apple a day, brings a Dentist on your way!". Even apples are tasteless, they are so tough that unless you have some strong teeth, biting into apple guarantee you a broken set of teeth.
When I visited Italy and Austria, I was a coffee addict. Their coffee as well as food is organic , well-cooked. They have a simple vending machine , just like we have in offices, with about 7 different types of coffee. They all taste different and are absolutely delicious. One small cup of coffee, and you are completely waken up! During the Era of the Soviet Union. Ukraine also had a great coffee. One could have gone to any cafe and get a real coffee.
Europe, of course, also uses some chemicals, preservatives, and additives to their food. Don't get me wrong. However, their food additives are within the appropriate limits.
So, as for the USA !!!! When food is artificial, nothing taste right ! Nutritious value is zero. You want a good food, than you might want to visit European deli food store, be prepared to have a wallet with hundreds of dollars. Everything is very expensive there.(e.g. a pound of a really well cooked sausage - is $8.99/Lb)
Lastly, I want to quote one of the British celebrities, Anne Robinson, host of the "Weakest Link " program. When she was asked how does the "Maxwell House " coffee taste. Her reply was, "Bad to the last drop!"

Not my words either but fully agree with it.

Lucas said:
Why Coffee Tastes So Bad
Well, Let me tell you the secret why coffee taste so bad!!!! It is not coffee at all. It has neither taste nor aroma of a real coffee. I have tasted every brand of coffee, including Starbucks, even tried so-called Organic coffee. You know what ?They all taste horrible. Either you buy from Aldi or from World Market, they are all the same. They are either tasteless bitter-tasteless, or simply taste like smoked cigarette tobacco. What it is , I think is some kind of a hybrid (mix of grass and artificial coffee beans). As of why you might ask me do the coffee beans look like beans and smell like coffee before you brew them? My best bet is that manufacturers simply spray those beans with a coffee aroma and beans are curved into beans. You know how tablet capsule looks like, and when you break it, it has a powder of medication. That's how I describe that coffee beans. Artificial capsule, looks like a coffee bean and sprayed with an aroma of coffee.
Should you even wonder about why coffee taste so horrible?
It is fraud! Just like majority of tasteless -artificial, plastic American food is. Do the vegetables and fruits smell and taste like they should? Of course, not! They are completely tasteless and don't even have any aroma. Why? Because they were inorganically grown, irradiated, and genetically altered. Thus, everything taste like a grass. Nutritional value? Zero!
As saying goes, " One apple a day , keeps a Doctor away!". Really? May I correct this, " One apple a day, brings a Dentist on your way!". Even apples are tasteless, they are so tough that unless you have some strong teeth, biting into apple guarantee you a broken set of teeth.
When I visited Italy and Austria, I was a coffee addict. Their coffee as well as food is organic , well-cooked. They have a simple vending machine , just like we have in offices, with about 7 different types of coffee. They all taste different and are absolutely delicious. One small cup of coffee, and you are completely waken up! During the Era of the Soviet Union. Ukraine also had a great coffee. One could have gone to any cafe and get a real coffee.
Europe, of course, also uses some chemicals, preservatives, and additives to their food. Don't get me wrong. However, their food additives are within the appropriate limits.
So, as for the USA !!!! When food is artificial, nothing taste right ! Nutritious value is zero. You want a good food, than you might want to visit European deli food store, be prepared to have a wallet with hundreds of dollars. Everything is very expensive there.(e.g. a pound of a really well cooked sausage - is $8.99/Lb)
Lastly, I want to quote one of the British celebrities, Anne Robinson, host of the "Weakest Link " program. When she was asked how does the "Maxwell House " coffee taste. Her reply was, "Bad to the last drop!"

Not my words either but fully agree with it.
Maxwell House is junk and hardly anyone who likes coffee would ever consider it. But................
You really need some serious help. Good luck.

Back