Beware of RentingBA (not RentinBA)!

RNazz

Registered
My family recently came into town for a visit and had a terrible experience with the rental company they used to rent a temporary apartment here in Buenos Aries: RentingBA (www.rentingba.com)

After paying ahead of time a US$500 deposit, nobody showed up for the appointed check-in time. The company owner (and my parent's primary contact), was unreachable for days and the employee in charge of the check-in repeatedly lied to my family.

Basically, my family was left without a place to stay and RentingBA has since refused to refund their US$500 deposit. They were scammed.

My husband and I have lived here in Buenos Aires for a long time and are so disappointed in companies like this one that give a bad name to the tourism industry here in Argentina. There are lots of great places to rent an apartment from here in Buenos Aires - but RentingBA is NOT one of them.

Beware

I rented from renting BA few years ago.

The owner is a very rude American guy. His service was terrible even then!

Avoid him.

That really sucks! Obviously after-the-fact but if you PM I can give you a personal recomendation for great rental service here.

How did they pay ahead of time? If it was through a credit card, they have good chances of getting their money back since many credit cards offer this as part of their fraud protection services/ insurance. Since the company will probably want to process future payments via credit cards, it'll possibly be taken care of from that angle.

This complaint can also be found on Tripadvisor.com which mentions the name of the owner. He was a short time poster on this forum having multiple verbals with Sara Sara, a one time member here. Argumentative and disagreeable on other forums as well. Best to avoid, obviously. Strangely he is also a confidant of a well respected forum member here. Enough said.

Sorry to be blunt, but the guy who owns www.rentingba.com is a royal A-hole. The 2nd place I lived in BA I rented through this clown. Everything was fine until there was a problem, then he was nowhere to be seen.

Even the owner of said apartment had problems with him.

I won't go into details, but he is known among some of the expats I know here. Best to just give him a wide berth.

Did this get solved RNazz? I just went on the TripAdvisor.com post and I noticed this guy just posted and he said that it has been refunded.

Can you confirm?

Tripadvisor forum revealed that the owner of RentingBA has misrepresented himself by listing an apartment which he had no contract or permission to publish. Also, he listed himself as the owner of another apartment of which he was not.
Avoid this agency.
The people finally got their deposit back, but why should they have to come to TripAdvisor and this forum to put pressure on the owner.

Back