Beware of RentingBA (not RentinBA)!

No I'm not a rental agent. But I have listed my apartment with some of these companies I listed and none of them give my property for other websites to list. So I ask again, which companies will take an owner's property and give it to another one to list? Can you post some examples? No one is trying to argue with you on this. I just would like to know which companies will take a property and give it to other websites to list?

Blackhand---Maybe this is "much ado about nothing" for you, but for someone who has traveled all day on an airplance to get to Buenos Aires then has to deal with a problem like this in a foreign country, then not getting a good response about their deposit until they had to post on TripAdvisor, then it is a :BIG DEAL" for them.
Have a little compassion for other people who are being taken everyday here in Buenos Aires.

I did. As I said. I read the entire thread. The owner specifically stated that he was the owner of that property and that is why he was listed as the owner and recently had sold it but continued to rent it out for the new owner. But anyways, this argument of yours seems pretty circular and it's grown a little boring for me. I gotta go get lunch with some friends. You guys carry on fighting the good fight.

RicardoBA said:
Have a look at www.flipkey.com/buenos-aires-condo-rentals/ from Saint's TripAdvisor post for the LasCanitas apartment which was rented, then look at the verified owner?

Last post. From what I read, the deposit was refunded by paypal before these threads were ever created and the refund had nothing to do with that online complaint. The OP on trip adviser verified that. So maybe you need to re read the thread. And I come and go from Buenos Aires many times a year. I've dealt with many different rental agencies during this time so I am sympathetic to fellow travelers AND to owners and rental agencies. What I have a problem with is the bully mentality on this site that when the minute some anonymous poster posts a complaint about ANYTHING, their post is automatically taken as gospel and it becomes a band wagon scenario where the theme of the thread becomes " lets dog pile whatever random business or property owner is in here and worry about the actual facts later ".

RicardoBA said:
Blackhand---Maybe this is "much ado about nothing" for you, but for someone who has traveled all day on an airplance to get to Buenos Aires then has to deal with a problem like this in a foreign country, then not getting a good response about their deposit until they had to post on TripAdvisor, then it is a :BIG DEAL" for them.
Have a little compassion for other people who are being taken everyday here in Buenos Aires.

RicardoBA said:
Have a look at www.flipkey.com/buenos-aires-condo-rentals/ from Saint's TripAdvisor post for the LasCanitas apartment which was rented, then look at the verified owner?

Even thought the ad has now been removed, i saw it and it stated that Alex was the verified owner, when he even admitted himself he was not. His excuse being he did own it but sold it last year and now rents it out on behalf of the new owner.

The fact was that the renter had an agreement with Alex to rent the apt, when she/family turned up there was no one who knew anything about it at Alex's rental agency, and Alex wasnt around for whatever reason.
In Alex's replies on tripadviser he comes across as a bit of a tosser, blaming everyone else for the problem. The fact was he screwed up, and was very unprofessional about the whole thing, lied and didnt take any responsibility for it.

I wont be recommending rentingba to anyone i know, and i would advice anyone else to keep away from them.

Based on his snarky replies on Trip Advisor as well as the direct reports here, the owner of the agency deserves all the bad repercussions coming his way.

Thank you for all the feedback regarding the situation my parents had with their $500 deposit and RentingBA. Just to conclude and answer the question that was posed - my parents were eventually reimbursed for the money they lost under the consumer protection policy of Visa. This money did NOT come from RentingBA or PayPal.

PayPal said that they would not get involved with this type of dispute (travel) and furthermore, it was filed outside the allotted 45 day window. Any action now being taken by PayPal against RentingBA is a result of the complaint filed by Visa.

Although they had weeks to do so, at no point did RentingBA ever attempt to initiate a refund for this deposit.

Also, it should be highlighted that RentingBA is not a registered business in Argentina or elsewhere - so consumers cannot take legal action against them. This, obviously, places renters at risk.

Finally, I do want to reiterate that we do not feel that this is a scam business as I may have previously suggested. Rather, this was a situation that was handled very poorly by a bad business.

For any further details on this please read the TripAdvisor thread. Thanks.

Sorry that this happened to you. The guy sounds like a real prick and instead of being factual and trying to actually resolve the matter, he is making it sound like YOU (the customer) did something wrong. Very typical. There have been numerous posts similar to this one and they all seem to follow the same tone and it tends to be responded to by some of the the same people who always seem to get defensive and/or almost take it personally.

The fact of the matter is, that while the people complaining about these things may not be realtors/renters, you are obviously still entitled to share your feedback or opinion regarding your particular experience so that others can learn from it. I may not be an experienced chef, but if I order a plate that is not to my liking at a restaurant, that doesnt mean I can't give feedback on it.

Quite frankly, like with everything, you have people that have had outright horrible experiences with renting in BA and people who couldn't be happier.

There are a lot of people in general who like to take advantage of the vulnerability of someone in a different country and housing is something that is easy to do this with because it's something that people SI O SI need and often times it involves large sums of money, usually in (guess what) US dollars.

Rnazz,
Thanks so much for taking the time to complete the post by explaining the conclusion of this incident with RentingBA. I am sorry that this happened to your parents and hope that it didn't ruin their vacation.
We try very hard to route out problems such as this on TripAdvisor when we hear about them. The BAexpats Blog members has been excellent,also in assisting us with other situtations in routing out more problems.
Hopefully with groups such as these we can help to insure visitors and residents with a safer and more pleasant environment.

Back