Bicycle shop - please help!

pedallingabout

Registered
Helo,

We are a English couple visiting Buenos Aires having cycled down from Rio De Janeiro. Before we set of west toward Mendoza, the Andes and the other South American countries(!), we need to get a new rim for the rearwheel fitted to one of our bikes.

As we are new to the city, we have no idea where to start with the bicycle shops. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy bicycle shop for us to visit? We are staying in the Retiro area but can travel if someone has a good recommendation.

Our Spanish is not the best so somewhere where they can speak some basic English would be good too if possible.

Thanks,
Paddy and Laura

www.pedallingabout.com

search the forums, I did yesterday to find out where to buy a pump, there's a few threads on recommended bike stores.

Hi there! I´m new here. I´m from Buenos Aires. I found your forum through a friend comment (his gf is from Australia).
Let me recommend you Nodari Bikes www.nodari.com.ar
I have a MTB and me and my friends find in this store good prices and treatment.
Please try to discard my errors, my english is very poor.
Good luck and nice trips!

If they are high performance bikes, there is a shop at the Circuito KDT in Parque Belgrano (on Salguero just past the Alcorta mall toward the Aeroparque). You have to go into the park (costs $3) and across the track into the shop, but it is the best high performance shop in town. They are honest and skilled.

Back