Bilingual, International.. Home School?

She said she does want to go to a high end university and wants to study law, so I think there's no way out of attending college...

And I don't know if it would make things more difficult for you to get into those schools if you went for your GED. Your mother would probably kill me for bringing this up but is there a possibility for you to live with a family member for your senior year so that you can finish high school at home? Since you are not planning on staying in Argentina anyways you really would just be moving out 1 year earlier than expected... Though there are many Argentines who get into excellent universities in other countries with high school education here so I don't think you should necessarily disregard possible schools here in Argentina, it's really just finding the right one that won't set you back too much from your original graduation date. It's like you said though, those schools might be very expensive to attend. I hope you find the right school!

Whatever you do, keep the idea of studying, this is fundamental.
Not everybody can study a carreer, hold a university title. Theres effort, time, dedication, stress, and all that. But it worth it.
Then, you can use it or not, you can specialize in some area (once a proffesor told me: "you never stop studying") which is probably what you should do; to hold a degree implies a lot of responsibility.
Or instead you just can stop studying, and work in a simple not qualified mechanical job, in which case you will still have your degree, just in case, you will always have the opportunity to do whatever you have chosen. You ll have a proffession.

Then, depending on how much easier or difficult things come, if you have the liberty to chose, to do what you want, with nobody (parents or relatives) following you or being after you as a child, you will be finding your place, your job, etc.

Dearest SynGirl,

Thank you for your kind words of support and indeed the word "bless" is a powerfully powerful (I be poetic, ain't I?) word due precisely to the fact that it is woefully under-used today. Thank you. I would indeed love to post to BAExpats with a greater frequency than the once per 7.387 blue moons during which I post.

I always tell myself to find more time to read and post, but then, this silly little thing called "life" gets in the way. I ask myself: "I have an extra 15 minutes now, shall I...

A.) Read and post to BAExpats
B.) Call up my best friend in the whole world Dan and talk to him for a few minutes
C.) Whip out my well-worn out copy of the Leaves of Grass (obviously a replica of the first edition--with every successive edition, he edited out the beauty and life of it!) and re-read the Song of Myself when I'm feeling egoistic, or when I'm feeling humble (indeed the opposite emotion to such egoism!), I whip out Ecclesiastes and re-read that perspective on life. Or sometimes, when I feel adventurous, I try to venture out into new, unexplored territory: I'll confess to never having read neither Plautus nor Apollodorus although they have been on my shelf for too long, as has King John - perhaps the claims that it's the greatest forgotten Shakespearean work are true? And I'll also confess to the crime, which ought to be of penal punishment, to often being in the mood to return to my trusty old friends: the Odes of Horace, Shakespeare's Rape of Lucretia, Bullfinch's collected Mythologies; yes, returning to the familiar too often is dangerous, you become comfortable and stop venturing forth into intellectually-challenging territory but if that be a sin, let me be the greatest sinner alive, as Shakespeare's Henry V told us on St Crispin's Day!
D.) Work even more; but regularly punctured by long, aimless, wandering walks all around the city, thinking and observing the people and architecture and how they interact, all around me.

So, upon being faced on a minute-by-minute dilemma of these four options on what to do with my time, I usually end up choosing D then C then B then A. Sometimes C then D then B then A. Sometimes B then D then C then A. But unfortunately, there is this problem: Zeus himself, although all-mighty and all-powerful, he (by Jove, Batman!) is not strong enough to add in more than 24 hours per day, although the Frenchies tried to change that in 1789 and failed woefully at it. And I always end up prioritizing something else like my trusty old books or old friends of venturing out into the stimulation of the "real" world too often, that I rarely end up finding the time for BAexpats that it deserves.

This excuse is a pitiful excuse, but it is all I have to offer you, SynGirl.

Humbly yours,
MorganF

Dearest Greek Yogurt,

I find it perplexing that you should find Vixi74's post so weird (with your comment, "That just has to be one of the weirdest posts I have ever read here.") A bright, young woman, seeking a first-rate education at affordable levels. Yes--I grant you that in today's day and age, that is an odd moment. Everyone reloading reloading reloading this Internet page called "Facebook", that finding someone actually willing to wrestle with the challenges of understanding the world, not just in this superficial way, but deep below the surface--wow, you almost never meet people like that! Indeed, I'm changing my opinion and you are right: it is really that weird, that bizarre, to find someone with such a burning desire for an education!

It is moments like this that reinforce my faith in humanity. In my deeper moments of cynicism, I wonder: does anyone truly value learning for the sake of learning? Of wrestling with our intellectual inheritance, of trying to decipher the ever-cryptic problem of right-from-wrong? Yes, there are! There are! THERE ARE! Shout it from the roof of your PH!!! There are men and women doing so, dedicated to our mission of exploring the bounds of human knowledge, to the most extreme limits! Humanity is awesome, awe-inspiring, not awful!

Onwards and upwards!

your humble servant,
MorganF

Dearest SynGirl,

Thank you for your kind words of support and indeed the word "bless" is a powerfully powerful (I be poetic, ain't I?) word due precisely to the fact that it is woefully under-used today. Thank you. I would indeed love to post to BAExpats with a greater frequency than the once per 7.387 blue moons during which I post.

I always tell myself to find more time to read and post, but then, this silly little thing called "life" gets in the way. I ask myself: "I have an extra 15 minutes now, shall I...

A.) Read and post to BAExpats
B.) Call up my best friend in the whole world Dan and talk to him for a few minutes
C.) Whip out my well-worn out copy of the Leaves of Grass (obviously a replica of the first edition--with every successive edition, he edited out the beauty and life of it!) and re-read the Song of Myself when I'm feeling egoistic, or when I'm feeling humble (indeed the opposite emotion to such egoism!), I whip out Ecclesiastes and re-read that perspective on life. Or sometimes, when I feel adventurous, I try to venture out into new, unexplored territory: I'll confess to never having read neither Plautus nor Apollodorus although they have been on my shelf for too long, as has King John - perhaps the claims that it's the greatest forgotten Shakespearean work are true? And I'll also confess to the crime, which ought to be of penal punishment, to often being in the mood to return to my trusty old friends: the Odes of Horace, Shakespeare's Rape of Lucretia, Bullfinch's collected Mythologies; yes, returning to the familiar too often is dangerous, you become comfortable and stop venturing forth into intellectually-challenging territory but if that be a sin, let me be the greatest sinner alive, as Shakespeare's Henry V told us on St Crispin's Day!
D.) Work even more; but regularly punctured by long, aimless, wandering walks all around the city, thinking and observing the people and architecture and how they interact, all around me.

So, upon being faced on a minute-by-minute dilemma of these four options on what to do with my time, I usually end up choosing D then C then B then A. Sometimes C then D then B then A. Sometimes B then D then C then A. But unfortunately, there is this problem: Zeus himself, although all-mighty and all-powerful, he (by Jove, Batman!) is not strong enough to add in more than 24 hours per day, although the Frenchies tried to change that in 1789 and failed woefully at it. And I always end up prioritizing something else like my trusty old books or old friends of venturing out into the stimulation of the "real" world too often, that I rarely end up finding the time for BAexpats that it deserves.

This excuse is a pitiful excuse, but it is all I have to offer you, SynGirl.

Humbly yours,
MorganF

I love this post. You are definitely the most intellectual internet troll I have ever met.

28995235.jpg

Back