Birth Certificate Question

tomdesigns

Registered
Had a service get my birth certificate for me out of NY what they sent me was...

A Certified Transcript of Birth State of New York Department of Health.

I have read many posts here about needing an orginal Birth Certificate for Residency documentation. My question is if this Certified Transcript will work or should I find a away to get an orginal from the Hospital or Country?

Thanks in advanced!

My understanding is that the birth certificate is no longer required to apply for temporary residency. I don't know what visa you're applying for, but at least for a work visa, the birth certificate is no longer listed on the list of requirements. It is, however, still listed as a requirement for permanent residency.

When I applied for a work visa last year, I didn't use my original birth certificate; I used a certified copy that I requested from the Indiana State Department of Health, which stated "This certifies, that according to the records of the State Department of Health, this person was born on," etc etc...And migraciones didn't even keep it!

Hop said:
My understanding is that the birth certificate is no longer required to apply for temporary residency. I don't know what visa you're applying for, but at least for a work visa, the birth certificate is no longer listed on the list of requirements. It is, however, still listed as a requirement for permanent residency.

Thanks for the post! I am getting married and need the certificate for permenent residency.

tomdesigns said:
Had a service get my birth certificate for me out of NY what they sent me was...

A Certified Transcript of Birth State of New York Department of Health.

I have read many posts here about needing an orginal Birth Certificate for Residency documentation. My question is if this Certified Transcript will work or should I find a away to get an orginal from the Hospital or Country?

What you have should be fine. Migraciones doesn't accept original (hospital issued) birth certificates, but they will probably want the state issued transcript to have the Apostille and be translated and legalized in Argentina.

steveinbsas said:
What you have should be fine. Migraciones doesn't accept original (hospital issued) birth certificates, but they will probably want the state issued transcript to have the Apostille and be translated and legalized in Argentina.

Hey Steve, thanks for the post and info I will go with this then..

In my case, a copy of birth certificate from the place (city) of birth with an apostille translated and approved here, in BA, worked.. though my DNI is still "in process" after 1.5 year and 3 0r 4 visits to the immigration office.. So, be prepared to wait

TASinBA said:
In my case, a copy of birth certificate from the place (city) of birth with an apostille translated and approved here, in BA, worked.. though my DNI is still "in process" after 1.5 year and 3 0r 4 visits to the immigration office.. So, be prepared to wait

Thanks for the post and WOW 1.5 years... what are you supposed to do in the meantime for things like bank accounts etc?

Back