Blackberry I bought put on "Stolen" blacklist

If you take it to Once be careful to write down the serial number on the phone down, maybe even take a picture, anything to prove it to them.

My friend took his phone to Once and they swapped it out for an even more effed up phone that looked identical. Later he realized the serial number was different but it was too late, they just laughed at him when he went back and pointed that out to them.

EDIT to clarify: My friend said the number was the imei number...I'm not sure what that is since I don't have a BB but write it down!

steveinbsas said:
Isn't ironic that your former flatmate is the one that expected you to take cold showers?:D

Steve as others have said you can be such a Beaaaatch sometimes but your SOH is bloody brilliant!:)

Bv3 said:
My mother-in-law has a cell phone store and can help you. I can't tell you what will need to be done because I don't know anything about it, but she is trustworthy and reliable. The store is at Moreno 1878 near Combate de los Pozos in the Congreso neighboorhood, or call 4382-7161. They don't speak any english though.

do they do swaps / permutos? i got an ipod that i don't use anymore and wanna trade it off for a cell

irina said:
If you take it to Once be careful to write down the serial number on the phone down, maybe even take a picture, anything to prove it to them.

My friend took his phone to Once and they swapped it out for an even more effed up phone that looked identical. Later he realized the serial number was different but it was too late, they just laughed at him when he went back and pointed that out to them.

EDIT to clarify: My friend said the number was the imei number...I'm not sure what that is since I don't have a BB but write it down!

IMEI is a unique cell phone ID#. as old as cell phones themselves

www.trackimei.com is a great way to track your cell if it gets stolen

whenever i take anything for a repair if i don't know the person well, i don't leave it with them. i don't mind coming other day or waiting at their shop

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Expat Life 3
D Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 2
G Expat Life 6
M Expat Life 2
Back