Blame It On Rio

What is the other country that is having food shortages too? Venezuela? I am sure it is just a coincidence.

What is the other country that is having food shortages too? Venezuela? I am sure it is just a coincidence.

It isn't a coincidence. It is the "militares", "CIA", "imperialistas" and "Macri" along with "Lanata" trying to overthrow both "democratically elected" governments of Argentina and Venezuela. Those evil conniving "golpostas", I'm telling ya!

Theres a food shortage? Hadn't noticed myself.

Also, aren't we (as in the great expat unwashed who dislike FpV and assorted cronies) not forever lamenting the lack of imports into this country and the limited amount of trade.

As soon as the fools decide to import something we're raising our eyebrows and remarking that this country should be self sufficient (at least for fruit and veg) and that making a commercial decision to export a crop is ruining that self sufficiency.

Earlier on the libertarian's wanted to line the govt up against the wall for not intervening in private industry (power co's). Must be the heatwave.

I suppose we'll be celebrating military coup's next....oh, hang on.

Theres a food shortage? Hadn't noticed myself.

Also, aren't we (as in the great expat unwashed who dislike FpV and assorted cronies) not forever lamenting the lack of imports into this country and the limited amount of trade.

As soon as the fools decide to import something we're raising our eyebrows and remarking that this country should be self sufficient (at least for fruit and veg) and that making a commercial decision to export a crop is ruining that self sufficiency.

Earlier on the libertarian's wanted to line the govt up against the wall for not intervening in private industry (power co's). Must be the heatwave.

I suppose we'll be celebrating military coup's next....oh, hang on.

Isn't the importation of, say, iPhones a tiny bit different than the importation of tomatoes? I know the former is from a company called "Apple", but it doesn't make it a fruit.

Back