Blood in the streets (and sidwalks).

tez said:
Perhaps there was a hit and run of a dog, who later limped off to die/recover in a corner? Or a person?

I would say there must be a lot of blood in the streets from car accidents, either hitting dogs or people.

I would say your conclusion is seriously flawed (illogical).

Cars don't hit people or dogs on the sidewalk.

They do hit people in the crosswalk, but this is different.

A TV series is your authoritative source?

And not all big cities are dangerous. I lived in Toronto for 10 years and there isn't a street I wouldn't walk down at 4am. Only about 50-60 murders each year in a city of close to 4 million - and half of those are domestic disputes. Most police close to retirement have NEVER pulled out their weapon, much less used it. Scandinavian cities are similar and many smaller European cities also have very low crime rates.
So some, maybe most, big cities are dangerous, but certainly not all.

wreReynolds said:
And not all big cities are dangerous. I lived in Toronto for 10 years and there isn't a street I wouldn't walk down at 4am. Only about 50-60 murders each year in a city of close to 4 million. Sandanavian cities are similar and many smaller european cities also have very low crime rates.
So some, maybe most, big cities are dangerous, but certainly not all.

So what?

This is about BA, not Toronto or Sandafukingnavia (not enough blonds here, dagnamit).

Smaller European cities are not big cities...by definition.

Not all big cites are as dangerous as BA, but BA is dangerous and becoming more so daily.

This thread and website are about BA.

Those who aren't prepared to deal with with the reality of life here should not get a sugar coated version...or made to believe that blood on the sidewalk isn't the result of an armed assault.

Since 2003, I saw 4 people shot dead (not "live", but I was at the scene by coincidence in-between 5 minutes to one hour later.

5 minutes was for an "ajuste de cuenta" for -probably- a controversy in drug dealing, less than 100 ft from my building. It was in Recoleta, didn't hear the shot but saw the police cars from the "21" coming really fast. Guy shot dead, in the hallway.

One question :
How was the blood in both locations ? Which color and how dry was it ? Was it like dripped or more like painted by a body someone moves ?

French jurist said:
One question :
How was the blood in both locations ? Which color and how dry was it ? Was it like dripped or more like painted by a body someone moves ?

Come to Belgrano and see for yourself.

There must be a voodoo sect nearby. Their ceremonies include slaughtering black chickens and dribbling their blood around..... :D...:eek:...:D...

SaraSara said:
There must be a voodoo sect nearby. Their ceremonies include slaughtering black chickens and dribbling their blood around..... :D...:eek:...:D...

Are you making la joke about assaults in the streets?

It wasn't chicken blood...black or otherwise (regardless of their color.)

It's also impossible to know the race or nationality of the victims...

Only that their blood was red.

How insensitive can you get?

steveinbsas said:
Not unless they were both deliberate cuts with a knife (ala the film Chinatown).

Nosebleeds don't cause trails of blood on the sidewalk.

Pools might happen if you are lying there unconscious..and possibly dying (bleeding out).
If anyone thinks I'm painting a bad portrait of BA, just watch CSI, CSY NY, and CSI Miami.

(Big cities are dangerous, period.)
Yup, big cities are dangerous and you have to become street smart and aware of what`s going on around you.
Sometimes blood is due to the fact that somebody had an accident, I saw a guy having a seizure downtown, and he was smashing his face on the sidewalk...
My advice, is just be careful.

Back