Blue @ 20 Before The End Of The Year....

Oodles of misconceptions here today. Just a couple of clarifications:

1. Payment to the Vulture Funds will have a negligible effect on the Blue

With all due respect, I disagree. Payment to the Vulture Funds will have an inmidiate effect because after 14 years Argentina will be out of default, capital will be coming slowly, the Governament will be able to issue debt (like Kicillof wants) at a resonable rate and just before the PASO, to have the middle class again in the pocket, sepo will be lifted.

As for the rest, I agree.

Although I would be surprised if the blue rate got up to $19.80 by the end of the year, I wouldn't be shocked. I only say 15 because I know the government will continue to do stupid things to try to keep the blue rate down.

Seeing someone say that the blue rate will soon be dead and that China is going to save the day for Argentina, and that $19.80 is the most "idiotic comment [you] have readed [sic] this semester" (interesting choice of time measurement, pretty much points out where your experience comes from) would very much shock me and it makes me want to say: "back it up dude".

I've read Nikad's intelligent contributions for a number of years now, I know she's an Argentina who has a lot of experience here, particularly dealing with exchange rates and such (where many Argentinos do not have so much experience). I would believe what she has to say before I would believe someone who makes bald statements contrary to what the rest of the world perceives without any kind of explanation to back the statement up.

The current BCRA president's strategies remind me of Mr. Moreno's months ago. Yes, the exchange rate went down for a couple of months, and then jumped back up + some more. The market knows another devaluation is unavoidable and by artificially freezing the market with these raids, there is no price for reference. When they devalue is the question, and with a rate of 13.5 pesos per dollar if it jumps up to 18 it will look crazy but not as horrible as a jump from 16 to 23! They set up a time bomb they cannot deactivate, and are trying as much as they can to get it to explode during the next administration ( so much for the country and the people ). God Save the Ks!

The cepo, aka exchange controls will be lifted?
Ergo, import/export controls will be lifted?
We'll be able to shop on Amazon and have stuff delivered to our very doors express delivery?
In your dreams mate.
Yes GB, just give it some time, the peso is only appreciating, can't you see that everyday you can buy more goods with your same pesos?

The language being used for this topic is English. And by the way, I'm not your "love."

Ok, so if I made a spelling mistake I am not allow to post in here? Anyway, this topic is about blue dollar, not English Grammar, love.

Back