Blue Dollar - Over

Has anyone got a recent rate quote for what the USD is selling for at the moment. All the websites seem to show different values.

The price today To Sell Dollars was $12.50 pesos but going down. To find out the rates must contact cuevas.

dolarblue has been always pretty accurate for the quotes I got in the cuave. however, with the spread as big as is currently, changing in cuaves is throwing money away (well, its not gone, but the cuave has it). i'd try to make a person-to-person deal.

Don't pay attention to the spreads of more than $1 peso published its not real.... !

If you think that 20% will really be refundable, then you are being optimistic at best. I've had so many friends try to get their 20 percent refunded when purchasing abroad that got rejected that is it not even funny. No one can actually buy dollars at the official rate. If you can, then I salute you.

Only way to the 20% "back" that is working consistently is if you work en blanco on a company with good HR accounting AND your ganancias tax is higher than the 20%/35% off your foreign/tourist expenses.

Haven't heard of a single monotributista that got actual cash back. (my case)

Apparently 'people' are filming the known area of my city where the ceuvas operate. Undercover sting !!

Todays rate 12.3 for USD, 15 for EUR. I'm sure you could get a bit better on both if you tried.

I believe the govt are desparately trying to get the official rate within a few pesos of the blue, at which stage they will launch a sting operation to close down as many of the cuevas as they can, or at least get them off the street and put a bit of pressure on the market, a la macri and the manteros in Once.

Needless to say it wont work. The rates will never get close enough to make it appealing for tourists (permanent or temp) to go legit, no one en blanco wants dollars legitimately held because they don't want to declare the income and playing whackamole with the arbolitos is ultimately fruitless as it will all just take place behind closed doors.

Well, currently they try to fix the peso at 8, as you can see from the interventions of the central bank. But I guess they will soon realize that the pressure on the peso doesn't stop, the reserves are going down and the blue dollar will rise (as the theoretical value will with less reserves). So I'd also expect more stupid measures. Closing cuaves is a possible one and the comments of Capitanich towards Shell and the agrar sector let me believe, they might increase price controls a lot - at least they will succeed by making Argentina unattractive for any foreign investments (which are always capitalists who conspire against the argentine people, obviously)...

I don't know why they have to do some type of sting operation. There are cuevas that I'm aware of around Palermo that operate very openly. It seems like it would be very easy to just shut them down whenever they wanted. The ones that operate in the open must have some sort of agreement with the government or those in power.

I agree with you Dublin. Making something illegal usually doesn't quell demand. Currency, drugs, etc.

Back