Blueberries Arandanos

estebandepraga

Registered
Hi to all,
As I have just returned I would like to know if any of you have seen good blueberries at a good price. Id buy several kilos and then freeze them. I live in Palermo(Botanico) but would travel up to a certain distance to get good ones at great prices. Thanks for any suggestions.
Esteban

blueberry season is really over, you can buy frozen ones still. it's hard to find once that are still decent, but cherries are around now

I bought some yesterday at my local fruiteria- they are still around, but, its true, the season will be over very soon, buy em and freeze em now.
I do the same- I freeze them and use them in smoothies.

Il Mirtilo is the best brand for arandanos here. The harvest was few weeks ago. They dont sell to the public, but they can tell you where to buy their products.Their farm is located at Suipacha, some 100 km west from capital, near Ruta del Queso, which is available for tours if you plan and make reservations in advance

I'm out of town at the moment, but several places on my Botánico block (bounded by Cerviño, Lafinur, Seguí and Árabe Siria) still had plenty of blueberries on Thursday.

I grow my own in el norte- I froze about 30 litres or more this year- but they are all 11,000 kilometers from here, and they dont do well on airplanes in baggage for 24 hours.

Il Mirtilo is the best brand for arandanos here. The harvest was few weeks ago. They dont sell to the public, but they can tell you where to buy their products.Their farm is located at Suipacha, some 100 km west from capital, near Ruta del Queso, which is available for tours if you plan and make reservations in advance

Ruta 5 kilometro 125 aprox. Big Mirtilo Sign on right side of road going away from capital, they sell Arandanos and all sort of other Arandano products, Juice , marmalade, and a solid block, like dulce de membrillo. I purchased there or at a Cheese Store near the entrance to Suipacha City, also at a Gas station next door.

Wish you asked before. I have a big blueberry tree in my backyard, but now they almost all gone.
However, this is time for cherries, they are plentiful, I already made a flask of cherry jam, delicious!!

Back