Boca Juniors in July

Fishface

Registered
Are there any games in July?
When does the footy season run here?

The football season ends the 22nd of june.
PS: Why would you want to visit Boca Juniors, the club of false sentiments (their biggest idol (Maradona) only played there for one season when he left the club), in a shitty neighbourhood, that doesn't give a @#$@# about the local tournament (they're playing there local games with the second team).

Try to catch a River Plate game. Less Hype, more emotion.

"ReemsterCARP" said:
The football season ends the 22nd of june.
PS: Why would you want to visit Boca Juniors, the club of false sentiments (their biggest idol (Maradona) only played there for one season when he left the club), in a *bleep*ty neighbourhood, that doesn't give a @#$@# about the local tournament (they're playing there local games with the second team).

Try to catch a River Plate game. Less Hype, more emotion.
Fishface....
Ignore everything in that eejit's post above... on the large the fella knows nothing..
The Argentine season will take a break during July but will resume in August.. If you are here, Boca will play on the 22 June at La Bombonera, the home of Argentina's most successful football Club.
A team of false sentiment? Well they still hold a fanbase of 40% among the entire population of Argentina!! Typically clubs who identify themselves with the working class have the greatest and most passionate fans. My experience of games there have been incredible. I would suggest you get a ticket in the 'popular' section of the stadium. Its all standing in that area, but you will experience what it means to the fans... The last game i went to i had people jumping on me and hugging me when Boca scored a goal in the last minute to win 2-1. Something i have never experienced at any other football game ive been to in the world. Oh and the reason they played a second string side was due to the fact they are still playing in the Copa Libertadores, which River were knocked out of earlier. Any successful team will paly a rotation system with its players when your fighting for 2 titles at the same time.
As for the Maradona thing....Im sure being voted joint Number 1 by FIFA is reason enough for him to be regarded a hero among the fans. Yes he did leave at a young age to play in Europe, but name me 1 player who has ever played for the national team and never left Argentina.... The reason he is regarded so highly, is he returned to the club he loved to finish his career, he is also a regular at every game today and you can see him hanging over the rails cheering the team on. Similar can be said to that of Juan Roman Riquelme today, who has also returned to play for Boca while still in his prime age of 29!
If you can, get yourself to a Boca game... No experience like it!!! Oh and if you are going give me a shout and im there....

"BsAsIrish" said:
The Argentine season will take a break during July but will resume in August.. If you are here, Boca will play on the 22 June at La Bombonera, the home of Argentina's most successful football Club.
Boca will play Tigre (last season's revelation).
A team of false sentiment? Well they still hold a fanbase of 40% among the entire population of Argentina!! Typically clubs who identify themselves with the working class have the greatest and most passionate fans.
A club of false sentiments. Boca is as working class as Mauricio Macri. If Boca doesn't win, people stop coming to the stadium. They even put up black banners 'gracias x el campeonato'. Nice fans...
Oh and the reason they played a second string side was due to the fact they are still playing in the Copa Libertadores, which River were knocked out of earlier. Any successful team will paly a rotation system with its players when your fighting for 2 titles at the same time.
Not if you're still in the race for the local championship. It's an insult to your fans when you play with juveniles when you've got a realistic chance to be champions. Especially when your biggest rival (River Plate) has a good chance at winning the title as well.

I would suggest you get a ticket in the 'popular' section of the stadium. Its all standing in that area, but you will experience what it means to the fans... The last game i went to i had people jumping on me and hugging me when Boca scored a goal in the last minute to win 2-1. Something i have never experienced at any other football game ive been to in the world. [/i]
Depending on your 'experience' with visiting football matches you can choose between: Platea (all-seater section) which is safer but more expensive. Yo won't find the most passionate fans there, but you have a great view on the pitch and can film and take photographs inside the stadium without being bothered by people that want you to part with your camera.
The popular is where it's at when you REALLY want to experience what it's like to visit a football match. It's dirt cheap (27 pesos), you can stand among the most fanatic supporters. Drawbacks are that: it's less safe. Human avalanches occur almost every game, there are fights and robberies and you won't be able to watch the game as well as you could in the Platea section. Tip: Leave your camera and other valuables at home when going to the popular.
Try to buy a ticket in advance, so you don't have to buy it from the touts (at a higher price) and you don't 'sponsor' the hooligans of the club. When buying a ticket from a tout, specify VERY VERY VERY clearly if you want a Platea of a Popular.

Back