Bombing At Boston Marathon - At Least 2 Dead, Dozens Injured

middle east related? you must always believe everything you see in the media.
very sad news, sick, sick people out there:(
Hmmm, did you read past the first sentence of my post? ADD problem or Political Correctness violation?

ya i did read it. ^_^ and no i don't think there is a fair probability that it is middle eastern related! do u?

Obviously, our hearts go out to those injured and the families and friends of those killed. I also feel for the runners who trained for so long. I've never run Boston but I have run 9 other marathons and I can only imagine the sadness and frustration they must feel.

In 2001 I was working for a consulting company and at that time was flying internationally about 300,000 miles per year. Shortly after 911 my company communicated that if we didn't want to we would not be forced to fly to our consulting meetings. Though the idea of flying at that point was fairly scary I refused to be stopped from doing my work and I was on the first plane to Europe. I refuse to let terrorists (domestic or foreign) stop me from living my life, contributing what I can to the community in which I live, and doing the things that I love. If I had run Boston this year I would absolutely be back next year.

That's my middle-finger to whomever planted those bombs. Boston, I'm with you.

Obviously, our hearts go out to those injured and the families and friends of those killed. I also feel for the runners who trained for so long. I've never run Boston but I have run 9 other marathons and I can only imagine the sadness and frustration they must feel.

In 2001 I was working for a consulting company and at that time was flying internationally about 300,000 miles per year. Shortly after 911 my company communicated that if we didn't want to we would not be forced to fly to our consulting meetings. Though the idea of flying at that point was fairly scary I refused to be stopped from doing my work and I was on the first plane to Europe. I refuse to let terrorists (domestic or foreign) stop me from living my life, contributing what I can to the community in which I live, and doing the things that I love. If I had run Boston this year I would absolutely be back next year.

That's my middle-finger to whomever planted those bombs. Boston, I'm with you.

I agree. I lived in Boston for about a year, and volunteered at the race in 2009. As a new runner I got psyched about hopefully being able to do it (at least for charity, where my lack of speed might matter less) at some point of my life, as I met many people for which Boston was the reason they had spent a whole year training. Let's hope those responsible are caught, and that next year's race --using your words, the "middle-finger to whomever planted those bombs" race-- shows the world's support for a great city. We can't put our heads down because of the lack of humanity of a group of people, the best way to fight back is by living with an even stronger sense of purpose.

Back