Booking Trip On Seacat

mrporoto

Registered
Whats the best way to pay,cash in the Cordoba office or online with debit card local bank or card from foreign bank.What happens with 35%
surcharge?cristinas purse?

I was on Colonia Express last week. I'm not sure if Seacat has the same policy as Colonia Express, but I could either pay with a credit card or in cash. It wouldn't accept my Argentine debit card.

If you're non-Argie, then foreign credit card -or- cash (in dollars) are the only two options. I did credit card for Seacat a few weeks ago, worked out to about US$ 40 total

I take Seacat all the time to Montevideo. The prices on their website already include the 35% tax for travelling, so need to add anything extra.

If you are a resident, you can pay:

1. Online with an Argentine credit card (not debit) and in pesos, so no 35% foreign transaction charge
2. In the Cordoba office or the Buquebus terminal in cash or with a credit/debit card.

If you're a non-resident I guess you have to pay in dollars or with a foreign credit card in which case the 35% does not apply as it is not an Argentine credit card.

It's often cheaper to pay in their office, depending on what rates are left online. There are 4 normal fees: Web, Eco, Flex,and Full.

The Web fee is often the cheapest and only available online, but it does run out early as only a certain number of these fares are available per boat.

In the office, though, you only pay the Eco fee. So if there are only Flex and Full fees left online, it's cheaper to go to the office.

Im not sure, but it may vary its value in whicch office you ll buy it. It has to be a BQB officce, and there are two or three in town. If its not a Buquebus office they may charge you with something.

I travel a lot to Uruguay and what I always always always do is get my tickets at the port. You can reserve it by telephone and pick it there the day you travel. Thats IMO the best option.

Went to seacat office Cordoba and they told me foreigners can pay by credit,possibly debit card but wasn't sure or cash dollars euros uru pesos.He said was the same price on line as in the office,but the web price is 100 peso cheaper each way??? don't understand that bit.It's a ridiculous situation when a country makes foreigners pay for services in the tourist business in a currency that isn't it's own,sign that it's going down the shithouse.And they won't take sterling,not that I have any and wouldn't if I had.

Back