Books from Amazon?

I bought an bebook ereader in January, its not perfect but I love it read an hour or 2 every day on it. I got frustrated with the selection of English books down here, after a year of 2 books per week I couldn't find any books that I wanted within 10 blocks of our apartment in Recoleta. Another bonus: I'm not adding more piles of paperbacks to my bookshelves:)

In my experience, the standard international shipment should arrive in the time frame stated by amazon.com. However, if the package is large, it might be stopped at customs and you'll have to go pick it up at the Correo Argentino's office in Retiro. You won't have to pay any import taxes if there are only books inside the package, but you will have to pay if there's any CDs, DVDs, etc. You also might get lucky and have to package delivered to your address directly by the correo, without going through customs. I'm not really sure how they decide which packages go through customs, but I've had both things happen when I ordered (direct delivery and having to go to customs).

We have been charged duties when anything arrives via courier, such as DHL. The only sure way to avoid customs charges is to have it delivered via post, but Amazon will not ship that way; you have to use a mail service like usabox.com.

Back