Bored In Ba, Making New Friends

Hi Rich One,

I´ve been thinking on your post (I don´t know yet how to copy/paste it here).

I don´t like to generalize and prefer to think that every individual is absolutely unique. And that whatever is true for me, might not be true for others points of view. And all points of view are acceptable and must be respected (with exceptions, I won´t accept a point of view on someone defending violence, war, that kind of disagreement on basic human values are real disagreements).

With this in mind, I can´t ensure that this situation absolutely always happens, however I agree it often/usually happens. And I think that, probably, it is because of the worldwile dilemma about the existence (or not) of true/real/deep friendship between genders.

So as many people don´t want to be misunderstood, they prefer to not get involved in this kind of situations with the opposite gender (specially in this circumstances, in a forum, where you don´t know much about the other people values and opinions, with a multicultural audience, etc). Consequently, when someone from one gender ask for friendship, it usually get answers from potential friends on his/her same gender.

I am female and married, for the record. I'm 33 y.o. as the OP.

if you click on the word "quote" below any post it will appear in the "reply" box, complete with the member's name and the time stamp. You can leave entire post intact or "shorten" it as I did with yours in order to provide the relevant information...nada mas.

Hi Rich One,

I don´t like to generalize and prefer to think that every individual is absolutely unique. And that whatever is true for me, might not be true for others points of view. And all points of view are acceptable and must be respected (with exceptions, I won´t accept a point of view on someone defending violence, war, that kind of disagreement on basic human values are real disagreements).

With this in mind, I can´t ensure that this situation absolutely always happens, however I agree it often/usually happens. And I think that, probably, it is because of the worldwile dilemma about the existence (or not) of true/real/deep friendship between genders.

So as many people don´t want to be misunderstood, they prefer to not get involved in this kind of situations with the opposite gender (specially in this circumstances, in a forum, where you don´t know much about the other people values and opinions, with a multicultural audience, etc). Consequently, when someone from one gender ask for friendship, it usually get answers from potential friends on his/her same gender.

Ex Montreal

My remarks are not necessarily my beliefs they are the product of years of observation of the Forum postings.

Moreover many expats that come to the Chats ONLY meet with friends at the chats , without exchanging private cell phone contacts??

Moreover many expats that come to the Chats ONLY meet with friends at the chats , without exchanging private cell phone contacts??

Or to build fires to keep warm. (Those Starbucks' stirring sticks make good kindling.)

Ciao Paula,
we are a couple from Italy and will spend some time here in BA, we stay in Villa Crespo near Palermo and we like to run to. Why don't you run with us? Of course anyone interested is welcome. This is my mail [email protected]
Ciao!

Hi Paula, what happened finally? did you made new friends? why don´t we schedule a meeting? I find it hard to go on tuesday meetings because it´s a day I´ve my daughter with me.

Let´s see what the other expats say ;)

Yes Papini - We are all in abated anticipation, as to whom you would choose to be your worthy friend?

Ciao Paula,
we are a couple from Italy and will spend some time here in BA, we stay in Villa Crespo near Palermo and we like to run to. Why don't you run with us? Of course anyone interested is welcome. This is my mail [email protected]
Ciao!

Hi Daniele. I would love to join a running group so please count me in! I live in Caballito so fairly close to Villa Crespo. Where do you go running? I often do the 5km route from Caballito around Parque Centenario and back again

Hi Paula, your post is now a few months old, but I've just moved to BA from London to join my partner here and I am also looking to meet new people. Let me know if you're still interested!

Back