Boudou On Trial; Argentina Wins

Correction Rich (haha!) indagado is "investigated". "Inquired" is not a correct English legal term in common judicial procedures. To be "investigated" is, I.e. Bodou is "under investigation" for.......fill in with any of the many possible sentence endings.

Correction Rich (haha!) indagado is "investigated". "Inquired" is not a correct English legal term in common judicial procedures. To be "investigated" is, I.e. Bodou is "under investigation" for.......fill in with any of the many possible sentence endings.

Investigated means investigado in Spanish. however, Boudou fue citado a una Indagatoria, Boudou fue Indagado por el Juez. His legal Status is Indagado.

In "layperson"/commoner terms you are correct Boudou is "under investigation" but he was soupenaed for an Inquiry or Hearing? his legal status is Inquired!

Indagado = Inquired

inquire is reserved for uses meaning ‘make a formal investigation’. In practice, however, there is little discernible distinction in the way the two words are used today in British English, although inquiry is commoner than enquiry in the sense ‘a formal investigation’. In all senses inquire and inquiry are the more usual forms in US English, whereas enquire and enquiry are chiefly restricted to British English.

Inquiry Legal(Requestforinformation),nounexamination, examination into facts or principles, exploration, hearing, inquisition, interrogatio,interrogation, investigation, poll, probe, query, question, scrutiny, search, search for information, survey
Associated concepts: dutytoinquire,inquiryintotitle,reaaonableinquiry,speculativeinquiry

Maybe it's an American legalese thing vs British Legalese. Anyway my translator app gives me one word"investigated" for indagado. Makes sense to me. Maybe I've inadvertently become "UScentric". Along with my translating app...

Maybe it's an American legalese thing vs British Legalese. Anyway my translator app gives me one word"investigated" for indagado. Makes sense to me. Maybe I've inadvertently become "UScentric". Along with my translating app...

Legalese maybe google uses British legalese...?

https://translate.google.com/?hl=es#es/en/indagado

As the media coverage for Boudou-gate kicks into high gear, I had this passing thought: Could you imagine an alternate universe where this other Vice President would be put on trial (for much more blatantly heinous crimes):

cheney122way-fcd1a5b05cfa1467bea4b4af6413de07489408ae-s6-c30.jpg

At least this once, regardless of how the trial turns out, Argentina has shown itself to be more civilised than certain countries to its north, with a glimmer of hope that the rule of law should apply to all.
I dislike DICK C immensely and wish him every rotten outcome. However your analogies are a real stretch in the cold cruel real world. Boo Boo got caught. Dickie didn't. He's like OJ . We all know he did it, he's guilty, he's a liar but ya still have to prove it.

Citado :soupena
Indagado : Inquired
Imputado : Charged
Procesado : Indicted

Any opinions Boudou was Inquired by Judge Lijo

Isn't Lijo the same judge that's investigating, (still, after 20 years), the AMIA bombing?

I dislike DICK C immensely and wish him every rotten outcome. However your analogies are a real stretch in the cold cruel real world. Boo Boo got caught. Dickie didn't. He's like OJ . We all know he did it, he's guilty, he's a liar but ya still have to prove it.

As opposed to Anwar Awlaki and his 16 year old son. We all know they didn't do it, they were not guilty of anything, they never lied about anything, but Obama didn't have to prove it, he just had them murdered in cold blood.

Back