Bravo Argentina

Talking of racism/nationalism: Do you guys thing Macri will tighten the immigration regulations? For example in the past it was easy to stay for a very long time on just tourist entry stamp and either do border runs or just pay a small fine. You think that will change with the new government?

All the formal naming of thousands of workers is a bomb they have just set on purpose. Sorry again I do not support noquis.

Exactly. Nobody - nobody - on this forum supports administrative law dictatorship military rule waterboarding nail-pulling etc - BUT:

The concept of level playing field means not allowing one side to play with their hands tied behind their back. Naming ñoquis deliberately when your govt is on the way out - IF that is what happened - is, if not illegal outright, absolutely in bad faith. Same as selling currency futures in the waning days of your administration.

To then claim the mantle of moral outrage with respect to adherence to the letter of the law in rectifying an obvious wrong - which adherence I do support - but to pretend to be outraged about this is BS.

If there are obvious ñoquis named in the last 3 months, they should have the dignity to leave themselves. Which won't happen, of course, because that would defeat the entire premise.

Talking of racism/nationalism: Do you guys thing Macri will tighten the immigration regulations? For example in the past it was easy to stay for a very long time on just tourist entry stamp and either do border runs or just pay a small fine. You think that will change with the new government?

As a legal permanent resident, I have no horse in this race, but if they decide to tighten the rules in this area, it is absolutely their sovereign prerogative.

It might not be high on their list of priorities, there are bigger fish to fry for now. Unless for some reason this moves up the list.

What if you look at it from security stand point? Foreigners without legal residence committing crimes in Argentina.

What if you look at it from security stand point? Foreigners without legal residence committing crimes in Argentina.

Its not just a security stand point. Its not easy to be a permanent tourist in other countries of South America. Maybe the govt will take a stand for not being taken for granted on this issue.

Macri said on an interview a few weeks ago, that they will enforce the law: if a foreigner commits crime will be deported. He was asked about illegals working and living here but honest, and he said they should not be worried at all. This was on a TV show.

What!? Like that's so much worse than worrying about native Argentinos that walk around free after committing multiple crimes?

"Dame la mochila!"

What!? Like that's so much worse than worrying about native Argentinos that walk around free after committing multiple crimes?

"Dame la mochila!"

Its mostly the personnel from other countries of South america coming here and committing crimes..albeit sometimes they already have residency and/or citizenship.

The Agreement with Iran will be derogated......Bravo
Venezuela will be denounced under the Mercosur Democratic Clause.... Bravo

"Dame la mochila!"
Don't get me wrong. By no means I wanted to say that Non-Argentinians are worse than Argentinians when it comes to committing crimes (or vice versa). Just wondering if migration regulation could change over the next years. And as fighting the insecurity is on their agenda - if that could possibly have any influence on it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rich One Expat Life 2
Back