Breakfast

Brook said:
I have fruit and All Bran....it helps me do great poo.

Is that why you are asking Blah Blah? Because you are so full of it?

Be nice, Brook. BlahBlah needs a good breakfast so he'll have enough energy to continue searching for the four or five apartments he is going to buy later this year as he starts his new business in Argentina.

nikad said:
I just have cafe con leche plain, but love it with the occasional pizza leftovers. Every once in a while I cook waffles or hotcakes + bacon, yum!

It does not really seem like a healthy breakfast does it?

usually vodka with oj or with fanta if the oj seems to have evaporated over night.

diego7david said:
usually vodka with oj or with ***** if the oj seems to have evaporated over night.
Obscene words not! allowed - read forum rules :cool:

BlahBlah said:
What do the expats of this site eat for breakfast?
Are you serious?

I mean, you don't want the entire list, do you?

Usually one of:
1: eight thin rashers (panceto ahumado) + 3 fried or scrambled eggs + bread + orange juice + milk + tea (when available) else coffee.
2: Corn flakes (only '3 Arroyos' will do) or Avena gruesa or porridge or müssli w/ milk + bread w/kippers and/or paté and/or dried or smoked or cooked ham + orange juice + milk + coffee.
3: Coffee + 2-3-4 medialunas/tortitas + milk + orange juice.
4: Omelete con Jamon + bread + milk + orange juice.
5: A beef + tomato + bread + milk.
6: Espaghetti Bolognese Especiale when I feel like it and have some left from last night + bread + milk.
7: Fried chicken as 6 above + bread + milk.
8-xx. I sometimes like to vary my breakfast, if so eat something else (like fish or calamares or ...) and/or make diverse combinations of the above.

To several of the above: add strawberries w/ milk & sugar and/or marmelade and/or a pear. Orange juice I make fresh.

+ always a banana or other fruit to eat when I leave the house.

After visiting several times and having the standard argentine breakfast, I just do not want to see a medialuna in the morning.
No it's down to the supermarket for some Avena and dried fruit, skimmed milk and honey. Two parts milk to one of avena fruit and honey to taste, minutes in the microwave, and there you have it porridge oats. High in fibre, lowers your cholesterol, low GI and cheep, what else do you need apart from Coffee?

Fresh fruit and tea. I usually have a banana, peanut butter sandwish, and hot chocolate.

Is it easy to find a French style banquete?

I never seem to find it and I like it with cheese and ham

Avena + frozen blueberries.

The frozen blueberries here are currently $7.50 for 250 gr at Jumbo, so I tend to stock up when they are low price. In Canada just last month they were $6.00 CAD ($18 pesos) for a 500gr bag of frozen organic blueberries so the price here is not terrible considering Argentina doesn't get the wealth of berries that the Pacific Northwest does.

When I don't have blueberries it's avena + banana or avena + apple. In the summer it's pomelo rosado.

My argentine husband = tostados + mermelada or dulce, galletitas, or sugar cereal + sugar + (yech!) chocolate milk. Before we went to Canada this year my mum asked what she should have for him in the cupboard for breakfast -- I told her, if it's something a 5 year old would love, it will be fine for him.

Once a weekend we go to one of our neighbourhood cafe and have medialunas and coffees and sit for a few hours and read the paper.

BlahBlah said:
Is it easy to find a French style banquete?

I never seem to find it and I like it with cheese and ham

I think it was on this forum that someone recommended a French boulangerie when i was looking for brioche -- Nikad was that you? I went and their breads were fantastic (though expensive) -- I can't remember the address now, I think it was on Roseti -- might be called l'Epi. If you search for brioche on here you might find the post, otherwise I'll have a look around and see if I can find their card, I know I grabbed one

Back