Brexit Wtf!

TWB103

Registered
The UK has just taking a huge step on its way to becoming 1930's Germany. Or Peronist Argentina... Bolt the doors, Blame the foreigners (the 'un' british), blame the elite .... More than half of the country have been duped by the few (the other elite). Globalisation is happening whether through the EU or not. Britain had to (in the EU) and will still have to (outside of the EU) adapt to a rapidly changing world. For all its faults the problems in the the UK economy and the rapidly changing society (the same for most industrialised countries) are not the fault of the EU. The Brexiters have been duped. What a sad day not just for the UK but for the modern world.

The UK has just taking a huge step on its way to becoming 1930's Germany. Or Peronist Argentina... Bolt the doors, Blame the foreigners (the 'un' british), blame the elite .... More than half of the country have been duped by the few (the other elite). Globalisation is happening whether through the EU or not. Britain had to (in the EU) and will still have to (outside of the EU) adapt to a rapidly changing world. For all its faults the problems in the the UK economy and the rapidly changing society (the same for most industrialised countries) are not the fault of the EU. The Brexiters have been duped. What a sad day not just for the UK but for the modern world.

And it all get a lot worse this November.

There are a lot of stupid people in the world. Many of them almost voted Christina (I mean Scioli) in for another term here.

What is the status of UK expats residing in Spain, Portugal, etc. ?? and vice versa?

Unfortunately, this is a trend we see not only in Britain, but in a lot of countries worldwide: populists gain momentum with their simple rhetoric, blaming all the faults on certain groups and appealing to national pride. People just love the 'easy answers' like "Use 350M per week for the NHS instead of sending it to the EU". They don't care that the number is wrong. They don't care that a Brexit will likely cause higher costs to maintain trade relations. And they probably don't care that the populists already distanced themselves from their unrealistic promises just hours after winning the votes...

What is the status of UK expats residing in Spain, Portugal, etc. ?? and vice versa?

If they don't own property in said country, cannot show they have garanteed minimum monthly income, or have not invested $ into the country they'll most likely have to go within the next couple of years. Most people are safe but those who arent really living in the country or just scraping by bumming etc will have to go.

Boris Johnson is being mooted by some as the next Prime Minister. So in six months we could Boris Johnson as Prime Minister of the UK and Donald Trump as the President of the US. :huh:

Aides and advisors are going to be very busy in those two administrations.

Johnson is saying the UK still wants to be part of Europe in terms of discussing economy and policy, it just won't be part of the EU. I think he misses the fact that the UK is unlikely to be invited to the party anymore ... all the talk of employing a Norway-like model is blind hope.

Still here, working in 35 degrees by the pool..no sign of the sky falling just yet. Article 50 hasn´t been triggered and may not be until Cameron´s replacement assumes position after which we have 2 years to see how things pan out. Great that Obama says this morning that the UK is an important partner along with the EU..phew..being at the back of the queue for a few weeks was so scary. I voted out as the slow erosion of democracy in the EU is a worrying trend towards a removal of freedoms which I saw first hand in Ireland in 2001 when we Irish weren´t allow to say No on the iIce Treaty, then Lisbon etc etc... Interesting times ahead...Brexit for me is pro-globalization and a vote against a protectionist federal "little Europe"...

Still here, working in 35 degrees by the pool..no sign of the sky falling just yet. Article 50 hasn´t been triggered and may not be until Cameron´s replacement assumes position after which we have 2 years to see how things pan out. Great that Obama says this morning that the UK is an important partner along with the EU..phew..being at the back of the queue for a few weeks was so scary. I voted out as the slow erosion of democracy in the EU is a worrying trend towards a removal of freedoms which I saw first hand in Ireland in 2001 when we Irish weren´t allow to say No on the iIce Treaty, then Lisbon etc etc... Interesting times ahead...Brexit for me is pro-globalization and a vote against a protectionist federal "little Europe"...

Netherlands will follow and perhaps will have 2 EU the Rich North EUN and the Poor South Underbelly :rolleyes:

Back