Bring Boat From US to Argentina

NikBaires

Registered
Anyone ever brought a boat to Argentina? Any ballpark on bringing a 45 foot boat from Miami here?

My first thought is to search through this forum for despachante de aduana, and ask one for details. Many names of despachantes de aduana were written recently.

Last year I looked at bringing my 37ft sailboat from Chicago to BA: Quoted price was around USD 20k excl. costs for preparing the boat for transport.

Sail or power?
Ship it on a boat or drive it down?
From what little research I did a couple of years ago, if you don't want to pay outrageous import duty, you have to take it out of the country every 6months or every year.

It's a powerboat-plan to ship it down but open to options. I plan to take it Uruguay atleast once a month anyway. Thanks for the advice Tom-Will prob help me in not giving my entire life savings to the Argie gov!

Pal of mine sailed his boat from the UK to here, and is still here, but that probably isn't much help to you. He doesn't hang on this site, but if there are any specific questions he may be able to help - PM me if it may help.

Back