Bringing a Car to Argentina?

roy72

Registered
Has anyone brought a car form the states to BA? If so what were the steps to do this? Is there a maximum value? Time it took? etc....

Thanks in advance

Not worth the trouble or expense.....and you really don't want to drive here....public transportation is good and cheap!!

Definitely not worth it.... i called shipping companies and they told me i would have to pay for 82% of CIF amount + $4500 to the shipping company for a 20 foot container. Below you can read what i found on the internet.

Question
I would like to take my car to Argentina. How do i find out the value of the car in Argentina and what my final charge would be? I have a '03 surburban which kelly blue book gives me a value of $13,000.
Thanks, Carla

Dear Carla, The cost of taking a car to Argentina is this.
35 % of the CIF amount (CIF = cost of the car + shipping cost + insurance) thats only for customs taxes
On top of that you'll have to pay 21 % of the CIF amount (federal taxes) + 11% of 13000 (income tax).
So, at the end you'll be paying 80% of the CIF amount.
Not a good deal.

MatiArg said:
Definitely not worth it.... i called shipping companies and they told me i would have to pay for 82% of CIF amount + $4500 to the shipping company for a 20 foot container. Below you can read what i found on the internet.

Question
I would like to take my car to Argentina. How do i find out the value of the car in Argentina and what my final charge would be? I have a '03 surburban which kelly blue book gives me a value of $13,000.
Thanks, Carla

Dear Carla, The cost of taking a car to Argentina is this.
35 % of the CIF amount (CIF = cost of the car + shipping cost + insurance) thats only for customs taxes
On top of that you'll have to pay 21 % of the CIF amount (federal taxes) + 11% of 13000 (income tax).
So, at the end you'll be paying 80% of the CIF amount.
Not a good deal.

Is this because you are importing and putting it on an argentine license plate?

Back