Bringing a dog to Buenos Aires

There is no Heart Worm in Argentina. You can stop the treatment once you arrive. But be very aware of Screw Worm flies. They are horrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

☆☆☆ update ☆☆☆

I was able to bring the puppy. SENASA paid no attention to the date thr vaccines were given and everything was suuuuuper easy

That's great news! How was the flight with the puppy?

Fellow dog lovers - I'm potentially coming to BA (from California) to work for ±4 months. I have no family in the US to leave my medium sized dog with so he's most likely going to have to come with me, even though I would rather not have to put him on a plane for something I know is a short term stay. I feel that it is better for him to endure a day of stress than 16 weeks of confusion in a kennel/with a sitter.

He has flown before (AMS > LA) so I understand all the requirements, vaccinations, I have the right cage etc.

I would like to know about the reception facilities at BA airport - can I be sure that my dog will be received in good hands/not left on the runway in the heat/cold etc?

I'll post the question about dog-friendly, short term furnished accomodation in another thread :).

Back