''bringing A Spouse And Kids Into The Uk''

Wow.. alot to consider and concern myself with! Thanks.
I have a 19 year old disabled daughter, Italian and argie and a little english lady, 20 months. I did little research before I came, I may sound like a bad omen, but I don't care to just say the pretty things! you have to consider both, specially when moving with kids.

It's truly offensive that I have to go through all these hoops to bring my wife and my kid into my country. I get that there are sham marriages and women planning to give birth in the UK to win their citizenship etc but there had to be a better way of going about this, not simply tarring all with the same brush and providing just one universal application category. If Labour get into power at the next election this would be one of the first policies they'd scrap. A number of people are trying to bring the Home Office to court on the grounds that its an unjust, inhumane process

Yes I know where you're coming from as I kind of felt the same considering the amount of immigrants the UK have taken in quite easily over the years. I've since learnt it's the agreements they have in place with certain countries that makes this possible and Argentina isn't one of them. The overriding impression I got was as long as you can prove you are able to support the family in the UK you won't have any problem getting permanent residence for them.

There's really not - I've known them both forever - well, right after they got married Apparently the UK gov't had questions about whether she was just using him for a visa for the UK and denied on that basis. Despite again - being married for 7 years. Total and utter BS - he (the UK citizen) is still incredibly bitter about it. They wound up moving to Chile because he got a great job there after.

Even stranger. Spain are more fussy than the UK when it comes to allowing Argentinians in to the country which has me wondering.

It's truly offensive that I have to go through all these hoops to bring my wife and my kid into my country. I get that there are sham marriages and women planning to give birth in the UK to win their citizenship etc but there had to be a better way of going about this, not simply tarring all with the same brush and providing just one universal application category. If Labour get into power at the next election this would be one of the first policies they'd scrap. A number of people are trying to bring the Home Office to court on the grounds that its an unjust, inhumane process

Wouldn't it be a little discriminatory if they started differentiating the process depending on your country of both or your spouse's?

citygirl's account is not at all far-fetched. There are far more grievous similar accounts, all of them true. British Immigration law was amended in 2011 (under PM May when she was the Home Office Minister). The changes were draconian. They served to split couples from living together; made it impossible for the British spouse to live with his Argentine-born children (who have the right to be British on account of their dad); and even stopped a British citizen from showing his Argentine spouse and their Arg-born children his own country as a family. He couldn't do that because the fact that his non-EU spouse had a UK tourist visa raised the suspicion that this wasn't just a holiday but a step towards her applying for UK citizenship. While the couple were raising their family in Arg, the British husband had received a good job offer from the UK. This specific example was discussed on this forum. Canadian and American spouses of Britons inc ones with a PhD have been refused UK citizenship because they have no job lined up in the UK whose salary meets the threshold set by UK immigration law. Especially disriminatory to non-EU stay-at-home mums and to Briish dads who dared to fall in love and marry aboad.

Will an Argentine wife who moves to Spain and becomes employed there for 3 or 6 months so that she can establish the EU residency status she needs before she can join her British husband (and their Arg children entitled to take their dad's UK citizenship) in the UK and apply for her UK citizenship still work if and when the UK discards its status of being an EU member state? The general consensus says 'NO' but our British PM May cares not to advise any living soul or institution on the future of ANY human, movement, or residency right which anybody would have under UK laws. We Brits don't even know yet after 6 months of this hellish non-transparency and chaos whether it's the British PM or our Parliament that has the constitutional power to strip us of our EU nationality and the human rights which flowed from this when the UK became a member state of the EU.

Millions of people are left in chaos by this. It's impossible to have certainty about one's future when you aren't allowed to know which rights you'll keep because the PM of your country won't tell you. Be very careful if you see Spain as a way into the UK and its citizenship on account of a treaty between Argentina and Spain.

citygirl's account is not at all far-fetched. There are far more grievous similar accounts, all of them true. British Immigration law was amended in 2011 (under PM May when she was the Home Office Minister). The changes were draconian. They served to split couples from living together; made it impossible for the British spouse to live with his Argentine-born children (who have the right to be British on account of their dad); and even stopped a British citizen from showing his Argentine spouse and their Arg-born children his own country as a family. He couldn't do that because the fact that his non-EU spouse had a UK tourist visa raised the suspicion that this wasn't just a holiday but a step towards her applying for UK citizenship. While the couple were raising their family in Arg, the British husband had received a good job offer from the UK. This specific example was discussed on this forum. Canadian and American spouses of Britons inc ones with a PhD have been refused UK citizenship because they have no job lined up in the UK whose salary meets the threshold set by UK immigration law. Especially disriminatory to non-EU stay-at-home mums and to Briish dads who dared to fall in love and marry aboad.

Will an Argentine wife who moves to Spain and becomes employed there for 3 or 6 months so that she can establish the EU residency status she needs before she can join her British husband (and their Arg children entitled to take their dad's UK citizenship) in the UK and apply for her UK citizenship still work if and when the UK discards its status of being an EU member state? The general consensus says 'NO' but our British PM May cares not to advise any living soul or institution on the future of ANY human, movement, or residency right which anybody would have under UK laws. We Brits don't even know yet after 6 months of this hellish non-transparency and chaos whether it's the British PM or our Parliament that has the constitutional power to strip us of our EU nationality and the human rights which flowed from this when the UK became a member state of the EU.

Millions of people are left in chaos by this. It's impossible to have certainty about one's future when you aren't allowed to know which rights you'll keep because the PM of your country won't tell you. Be very careful if you see Spain as a way into the UK and its citizenship on account of a treaty between Argentina and Spain.

Theresa May is a cold, nasty, typical Tory with a really annoying shrill voice when questioned which sounds like shes always on the verge of crying whilst trying to sound confident and capable. Ever since she came to power shes been utterly useless as a leader in the face of the Brexit shitstorm. I mean the people she chose as her Brexit team could not have been worse. Its like a sick joke. The other lady who ran against her for the leadership was probably right to say that Theresa May not having kids didnt have as much at stake for the future than she did as a mother and grandmother. And it also makes sense that when TM was in charge of changing the immigration regs she was unconcerned about causing so much distress to couples of UK/Non EU nationals and their children. She really needs to disappear and be remembered entirely as the failure she was.

Wouldn't it be a little discriminatory if they started differentiating the process depending on your country of both or your spouse's?

Immigrations are essentially discriminatory. Thats kind of the point. Some more than others. I'm discriminated against becoming a resident/citizen of Canada or Australia for exmple because I don't have the right profession or skills or enough to money to invest. Whats worse is that I and tens if not hundreds of thousands of other Brits are discriminated against by our own freakin country!

If the government has the power to award citizenship to applicants who can be sustained by the partner doesn't it have the right to rescind citizenship from those who take out more than they give in? I mean why not rescind the citizenship of the unemployed, the disabled, the sick and the elderly as well while they are at it....Why does the ability to sustain the partner and children not apply to myself? Why let me back into my country if I can't prove that I can sustain myself?

It's truly offensive that I have to go through all these hoops to bring my wife and my kid into my country.

Because it is not your country. This incident just uncovered the lie that you have been told your entire life. If you need permission from someone else to bring your wife and your kid into your house, then it is not your house, it is "their" house. And you are not a citizen, you are a serf.
If you were really a free man and that was really your country, once you legally demonstrate to the state that you are lawfully married to your wife, and the kid is yours, that should be the end of the story.

Somebody somewhere will be making some Fabian argument justifying why you can't bring in your wife and kids without the state's approval. But the truth is that once the government becomes the provider of its citizens, he also becomes the owner of its citizens. He can then dictate if you can or cannot bring your wife and children to live with you. The road to serfdom could not have been any more explicit. There is always a trade off between liberty and security.

Because it is not your country. This incident just uncovered the lie that you have been told your entire life. If you need permission from someone else to bring your wife and your kid into your house, then it is not your house, it is "their" house. And you are not a citizen, you are a serf.
If you were really a free man and that was really your country, once you legally demonstrate to the state that you are lawfully married to your wife, and the kid is yours, that should be the end of the story.

Somebody somewhere will be making some Fabian argument justifying why you can't bring in your wife and kids without the state's approval. But the truth is that once the government becomes the provider of its citizens, he also becomes the owner of its citizens. He can then dictate if you can or cannot bring your wife and children to live with you. The road to serfdom could not have been any more explicit. There is always a trade off between liberty and security.

The Royal Family Show is a blatantly clear factor that we don't really have a democracy in the UK whatever real power they yield or not. But still...this nazi immigration bullsh*t is just too much.

And is Brazil your country? Or maybe its just easier there to slip brown envelopes to officials to get your own way....

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]But still...this nazi immigration bullsh*t is just too much.... [/background]And is Brazil your country? Or maybe its just easier there to slip brown envelopes to officials to get your own way....
This nazi immigration bullshit is just the logical outcome of the welfare state. If the collective takes care of you, consequentially, the collective owns you. That is the trade-off.
Brazil has its own, completely distinct set of bullshit policies, and yes, people there are just serfs too, but in different ways. But on the immigration front at least, no need to slip brown envelopes. You can bring in your wife and kids anytime you want, without having to bribe anyone.

Back