Bringing Dollars Into The Country

Jayna

Registered
I am coming to BS AS in mid January and know that I want to bring most of my money in cash, as it will get me much further. My question is how safe is it to bring cash into the country. Is there a legal limit on the amount. Do/should I claim it on my customs form. What's the worst case scenario? Are there other options that I am missing, for getting a good exchange rate?

thanks!!!

You don't have to declare if its less than 10,000 US per adult. You should not declare no matter what the amount unless you want to risk getting robbed.

As for currency options, make sure you bring US dollars. Everyone here wants US dollars. Convert whatever other currency you might have to US dollars and you'll be fine.

And most importantly, hold on to your dollars, don't convert all of them all at once.

You should not declare no matter what the amount unless you want to risk getting robbed.

Are you saying:
"do NOT bring more than $9,999, so you don't have to declare, therefore reduce the risk of getting robbed".
Or
"It's ok to bring more than $9,999, and don't declare no matter what"

Make sure the 100$ bills are clean, clear and not marked in any way. Ask the bank for a new "treasury wrapped " 10K bundle or bundles. 10K you do not have to declare. If you wish to bring more you can declare on the way out...but not on the way into Argentina. If you do you might make it to the front door of the airport before you are robbed.

Are you saying:
"do NOT bring more than $9,999, so you don't have to declare, therefore reduce the risk of getting robbed".
Or
"It's ok to bring more than $9,999, and don't declare no matter what"

I said, "No matter what the amount". So don't declare, doesn't matter how much money you bring in.

Back