Bringing my dog to UK without quarantine

cielo

Registered
I am moving to UK and want to bring my dog. He has all her rabies test up to date but apparently she still has to go into quarantine for 6 months anyway because she is coming from a country that is not on the pet passport list. I really don’t want to do this as he could not cope with that. Also the price is ridiculously expensive. Is there anyone with experience of going through this that can suggest an alternative to quarantine? Thanks for the help

Don't know Mini - it says here (bolded part is mine)

Pet dogs and cats (including guide and hearing dogs) that are resident in either the United Kingdom or one of the other qualifying (listed) countries can enter or re-enter the UK without quarantine provided they meet the rules of the Scheme.

And Argentina is listed as a qualifying country. So don't think it will be an issue.

citygirl said:
Don't know Mini - it says here (bolded part is mine)

Pet dogs and cats (including guide and hearing dogs) that are resident in either the United Kingdom or one of the other qualifying (listed) countries can enter or re-enter the UK without quarantine provided they meet the rules of the Scheme.

And Argentina is listed as a qualifying country. So don't think it will be an issue.

Yes, thanks. I just change the info above. I linked to another document that lists the complete rules of the scheme. The big issue is having the titre test done. That's takes a long time and then the pet travel with approved carriers. It's a lot of work so the OP must start the process early.

If I'm correct you can travel to France with your dog ?
Fly from there !
Adds to the quilombo but well, your dog is worth the trouble !

I originally misread this post and thought you were coming from the UK and solicited this reply from someone that recently brought a dog:

"argentina has no quarantine for dogs from the usa, if you provide the necessary paperwork. the dog needs to have been given a rabies shot within the year of entering the country. also, up to date on the rest of the normal shots. then within 10 days of entering the country you have to go to a certified vet (most in the us are) and have them fill out the 7001 form. you bring this form to your state's usda and they stamp/sign/seal it. also, the dog must have a microchip or the form may be incomplete. the vet can find that out for you. so with all that, i was able to enter argentina and bring my dog with my right away. you pick the dog up at baggage claim and through customs they look at your paperwork. you pay a nominal fee (more on weekends) and that's it. it didnt even take long to get through customs.

hope that helps. "

Not that helpful for you, I guess, but maybe someone else.

Who did you fly with, and from where?

andebobandy said:
I originally misread this post and thought you were coming from the UK and solicited this reply from someone that recently brought a dog:

"argentina has no quarantine for dogs from the usa, if you provide the necessary paperwork. the dog needs to have been given a rabies shot within the year of entering the country. also, up to date on the rest of the normal shots. then within 10 days of entering the country you have to go to a certified vet (most in the us are) and have them fill out the 7001 form. you bring this form to your state's usda and they stamp/sign/seal it. also, the dog must have a microchip or the form may be incomplete. the vet can find that out for you. so with all that, i was able to enter argentina and bring my dog with my right away. you pick the dog up at baggage claim and through customs they look at your paperwork. you pay a nominal fee (more on weekends) and that's it. it didnt even take long to get through customs.

hope that helps. "

Not that helpful for you, I guess, but maybe someone else.

I had an issue recently where i wanted to bring my dog from a country that was not on a pet passport country to Ireland which is same as uk regulations.The only option was to stick her in quarantine for 6 months and get charged about 3k or bring her to an eu country for 6 months before brining her to Ireland on a pet passport, allowing me to skip quarantine in Ireland.This is a a toy dog that has never been left alone and slept every night on our pillow so there was no way i was putting her in quarantine or even in boarding kennel abroad. So I got a friends mother in czech republic to mind her for 6 months for 1500 . She lives in the house and has another dog to play with and a big back garden. For me that was a much better option than putting her in quarantine for 6 months .Its a quite country village where the neighbors are very close so the dog is in the next door neighbors house all the time also .The mother or next door neighbor would probably take another dog as they love them and have taken dogs in similar circumstances before. If you want me to ask you can drop me a mail on [email protected]

Back