Bringing my Dog

seahawks189

Registered
Hi everyone. I'm reaching out to see what the process is like bringing my dog through customs. She is an 8 year old German shepherd that is a service dog (I'll have all required paperwork for entrance). Is there anything I should be concerned about or is it really as easy as bringing USDA paperwork with all the required paperwork mentioned on the embassy page. We will be in Argentina for 90 days. Thanks in advance for the help!

You just go through the declaration line where they will review the paperwork and decide on an amount of taxes to charge you to bring the dog in.

Each time I brought my dog through the tax amount was different so I don't know how they actually determine the amount. Like many things in Argentina, it's up to whoever you get and how they're feeling that day. It has been about 30 -40 dollars on average so it's not really a big deal.

Customs process can take about 30 to 45 min. The longest part will be waiting for your dog to come out of the plane if it is in cargo, this can take quite a bit of time.

There are some threads on this forum about bringing in dogs. If the dog is flying in the baggage compartment, make sure it has lots of water and lots of big air holes on all sides of the crate.

She's a service dog and will be in the cabin with me. Any info on Argentinas Aerlineas? I'll be flying United from San Diego to Santiago Chile. But I'll be getting on another airline to get to BA.

She's a service dog and will be in the cabin with me. Any info on Argentinas Aerlineas? I'll be flying United from San Diego to Santiago Chile. But I'll be getting on another airline to get to BA.

I would double check this... I don't think AE is allowing pets in the cabin at this time.

Make sure your vet provides the official USDA form. On arrival, your dog will be examined by a Govt. appointed veterinarian - takes about fifteen minutes. There is a fee for this examination, paid at the airport. If arriving on a holiday or weekend, the fee doubles.

So glad to hear the dog travels in the cabin with you, and not in the hold. My dog had seizures the day after flying from the USA, and was never the same. After that, I learned quite a bit about animals traveling in the hold, and swore never to put my dogs on a plane again.

Best of luck to you and your dog....!

Make sure your vet provides the official USDA form. On arrival, your dog will be examined by a Govt. appointed veterinarian - takes about fifteen minutes. There is a fee for this examination, paid at the airport. If arriving on a holiday or weekend, the fee doubles.

So glad to hear the dog travels in the cabin with you, and not in the hold. My dog had seizures the day after flying from the USA, and was never the same. After that, I learned quite a bit about animals traveling in the hold, and swore never to put my dogs on a plane again.

So sorry for your loss. My boxer travelled from Florida to Houston to EZE. A long trip, hot runways. We were very lucky.

My regards to your dog....I feel its pretty inhumane how they store animals underneath the cabin. My only stress now is trying to contact Aerolineas Argentinas to verify they have the same process for letting my dog onto the flight. Theres only a WhatsApp line for contacting them and its only by message. So currently trying to figure that out. They ARE part of the same Alliance as united though so hopefully the flight from Chile to Argentina isn't painful.

Back