Britain Strengthens Falklands Defense

Oh dear, its been well documented that MANY people went missing during the dictatorships - I find it almost disgusting that you refer to them as 'subversive elements'. Lots of students went missing. These weren't people with guns or bombs.

And you are accusing me of what?
You did manage to notice the '' marks, yet failed to understand its meaning.

I recommend you read some serious book about the history during those times (I was a foreigner at the UBA during the dictatorship).

And you are accusing me of what?
You did manage to notice the '' marks, yet failed to understand its meaning.

I recommend you read some serious book about the history during those times (I was a foreigner at the UBA during the dictatorship).

Would those be books written in Argentina.
You just need to do a quick search on the internet and speak to people here to know that a lot of ordinary people when missing or had terrible things happen to them. You don't need to be an expert to know this.

And I don't know where this idea comes from that people in Argentina were randomly kidnapped and murdered during the dictatorship. There was -indeed- what nowadays occupying forces in Afghanistan call 'collateral damage', including killings of innocent people, theft of babies, etc. From a military point of view the Argentine dictatorship was well organised, ruthless and extremely efficient at eliminating 'subversive elements'. They had been trained by the French and, in turn, they trained central american armies in fighting leftwing terrorists.

The idea might come from the definition of crimes against humanity?

As for the definition of a terrorist, to each one his own.

The idea might come from the definition of crimes against humanity?

A crime is a crime, declare it as you please. Crimes committed by the dictatorship in Argentina are exactly as bad as those committed by the left-wing terrorists, the Americans in Vietnam, British in Southafrica, French in Algeria.

A crime is a crime, declare it as you please. Crimes committed by the dictatorship in Argentina are exactly as bad as those committed by the left-wing terrorists, the Americans in Vietnam, British in Southafrica, French in Algeria.

And just like the genocide of the natives of Argentina...

There are already "stories" about the SAS having been on the Argentine mainland during the '82 conflict, officially denied on both sides.

Had a friend in the SASR over a decade ago. While discussing many subjects, he told me he wanted to come visit my country because " some of his comrades had been on the mainland back in 82 and told him it was beautiful". I said he was welcome to come visit but he replied his intel showed a shitstorm was coming. Told him his intel was incorrect and then 2001 arrived. He also sent me some pics of Iraq recon trips way before it made the news and at least 6 months before the Australian government publicly announced they would attend the party...
Lost him in the Middle East, likely Iraq.

Crimes committed by the dictatorship in Argentina are exactly as bad as those committed by the left-wing terrorists....

If you honestly believe that state sanctioned rape, torture and murder is morally equivalent to actions commited by individuals, you are very much in the minority.

If you honestly believe that state sanctioned rape, torture and murder is morally equivalent to actions commited by individuals, you are very much in the minority.
What I or you believe is irrelevant, go ask the victims or their families and come back.

I was a foreigner at the UBA during the dictatorship.

Is it true that miniskirts for women were like forbidden at the time (in the name of "Order", "Morality", "Christian values",...)?

If you're a guy, that must have sucked now?

Back