British Food & Drink

I've also seen Newcastle Brown here - both in a bar (Molly Malone's on Peru near Belgrano I think) and in a supermarket (the little Carrefour on 9 de Julio).

I'm not saying they've got it now....but I have seen it.

yay! For me its the supermarket stuff I crave most too - nothing fancy! - Marmite, cream eggs, Tetleys tea/PG tips, digestives, yorkshire pudding, brown sauce, space raiders (do they still make them? Showing my age) galaxy, crunchie bars, baked beans/tinned spagetti, jaffa cakes....I think I just wet myself with excitement.

Glad to see so many people want Marmite - perhaps we'll get it here soon. I'm running out of friends willing to smuggle a couple of jars.

Please bring giant slabs of dairy milk fruit and nut and industrial vats of ribena

OK, I'll come clean! I've seen all the requests for marmite and I've been sitting tight, jealously protecting my stash! I have 2 spare jars in my cupboard (1 very little one, and 1 big one) happy to donate to the highest bidder - not in $$$, but for a reciprocal favour.....(a DNI would be nice ha ha) but I'll settle for a couple of pints.

And my suggestions for the OP are
-Newcastle Brown Ale pleaseee! I prefer it over artesenal beer - it's mothers milk
-Good cheese (a must)
-Salt and vinegar crisps
-Cadburys chocolate of any variety
-hob nobs and jaffa cakes
-tinned spaghetti and baked beans (an easy meal on a budget)
-bacon!

Dolly said:
OK, I'll come clean! I've seen all the requests for marmite and I've been sitting tight, jealously protecting my stash! I have 2 spare jars in my cupboard (1 very little one, and 1 big one) happy to donate to the highest bidder - not in $$$, but for a reciprocal favour.....(a DNI would be nice ha ha) but I'll settle for a couple of pints.

Want to be my friend, Dolly....?:)

Hey SaraSara - I've been struggling all my life to be popular - and who would have thought the good old 'Mum always had it in the cupboard at home - cheap as chips - Marmite' would be my answer. I'll cancel my ongoing therapy and invest in Marmite importation!!!:) If you're serious, of course you can have one:)

Great, Dolly...! I'll be away for a month, but please hold on to that jar of Marmite and I'll treat you to afternoon tea or beer - your choice - when I get back in June.

Back