British Food & Drink

Thanks Mini! We are American expats making everything here in Buenos Aires. No international shipping costs, no customs :) just like mom makes and delivery with 48 hours notice. We deliver flowers too which is hard to order from abroad for someone in BA.

madi said:
Thanks Mini! We are American expats making everything here in Buenos Aires. No international shipping costs, no customs :) just like mom makes and delivery with 48 hours notice. We deliver flowers too which is hard to order from abroad for someone in BA.

So, do you have bagels for sale?????

yes! we the most popular are poppy, sesame, sun dried tomato, onion, everything and plain. bagels are part of almost all of our packages.

Alzinho said:
Good call!
Still never found natural yoghurt here. In fact never found a yoghurt that wasn't 50% sugar.

yogs do individual pots of natural yoghurt, it's made with whole milk but it's great and not that high a fat content. i've been eating it with chopped banana and drizzled honey for breakfast recently. yummy!

Hey Alzinho

I lived here for more than 3 years complaining that I couldn't find natural yoghurt. I wanted it to make raita for indian curry accompaniments, to eat straight and for other dips etc - and about 6 months ago someone told me where to get it - now I've found quite a few places.

First - the Armenian confiterias on Scalabrini Ortiz y Cabrera all do it.(But that's in Palermo) But I found a little kebab place close to my house that does it too - and it's good.

I know you live a wee way away in San Telmo - but I'm in San Telmo 3x per week for my work - so if you want some I can buy it and bring it to you. For 500g is $10pesos, the smaller one is $7. They also do great hummus for $10peso (500g) - so just let me know. And they do lots of other nice Greek/Armenian stuff - baba ganush etc (sure I spelt that wrong) much cheaper than the local fare. Just give me a yell.

Dolly - gotta rush out at the moment, but I'll be in touch, thanks!

Just wondering whether the guys who started this thread have any info about the new ban on imported food and how it will affect their plan to bring over British foodstuff....thanks!

Heinz salad cream, salt and vinegar crisps, baked beans, HP sauce and Ribena. Yes please. And quick I'm pregnant with cravings.

Back