British Products

A couple of weeks ago I saw (and bought) a bottle of Beefeater's priced about equal as in the UK. I don't remember the amount in Ar$ but I did check online and buying it in Sainsbury's would have cost roughly the same.

How do you rate Beefeater's, Glasgow J?

Espadol-125ml-Antiseptico.jpg
Here's a typical British product, that's been around since before Argentina was a country, pero ojo!!!! don't drink it!!!!

A young lass like yourself should be drinking Hendricks Gin - only your Grandmother would drink Gordons

I love Hendricks but I have never seen it in Argentina. I brought over a bottle once, then cried for a year because I couldn't even find Gordons'.
I hope we will be getting there eventually. Hendricks is so much better it could be a whole different product. It's like a daydream. :wub:

I love Hendricks but I have never seen it in Argentina. I brought over a bottle once, then cried for a year because I couldn't even find Gordons'.
I hope we will be getting there eventually. Hendricks is so much better it could be a whole different product. It's like a daydream. :wub:

I saw it in Coto in Av segurola at the weekend . I also think I saw it in the Winery recently.

Unfortunately , its around 1250 / 1300 pesos

Found Gordon's Gin at Disco for just 147 ARS. At the duty free in Aeroparque is was sold for 20 USD on the same day! Guess where I bought mine :mad:

Thats a very good price.

It may be imported in bulk and bottled locally - that's the only way it could get close to that price.

If it was imported from London directly , it should be around 450 pesos.

Local bottling shouldn't affect the quality at all . I would imagine that Diageo the brand owners will carefully control wht happens overseas.

A couple of weeks ago I saw (and bought) a bottle of Beefeater's priced about equal as in the UK. I don't remember the amount in Ar$ but I did check online and buying it in Sainsbury's would have cost roughly the same.

How do you rate Beefeater's, Glasgow J?

I am a big Beefeaters fan - its the best UK gin to make dry martinis with.

I also suspect that the neutral grain alcohol used in Beefeater is shipped down to London from Invergordon , a wee bit north of my home town

Beefeater is easily available in Bs As and its around 450 pesos .

This great British brand is now owned by Pernod Ricard.

Thats a very good price.

It may be imported in bulk and bottled locally - that's the only way it could get close to that price.

If it was imported from London directly , it should be around 450 pesos.

Local bottling shouldn't affect the quality at all . I would imagine that Diageo the brand owners will carefully control wht happens overseas.

It doesn't specify this detail, however they even made a note about its arrival to Argentina on La Nación!
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2032099-el-gin-mas-vendido-del-mundo-llega-a-la-argentina

Anyone tried British Corner Shop?
They have a good social network page...you know the one.
Anyway, I might try an experimental purchase and see what happens.

When I first came to Argentina way back in 05 my mum would send me stuff through the post 3 or 4 times a year. Apart from the fact that I always had to collect it from Retiro, I never had any issues and rejoiced in receiving tea bags, hp, marmite and the like. Always came through undamaged so it can be done, but man I just don't trust the system any more. Good luck if you do try! Hopefully if it goes well you will be inspired to open up a Brit food shop in Bs As. That said I talked to the lady in Santiago Chile who runs the British food shop over there and she said that even in Chile it was a massive pain in the arse getting stuff through the Chilean customs. So I can only imagine what it would be like here.

Back