British Products

Thats a very good price.

It may be imported in bulk and bottled locally - that's the only way it could get close to that price.

If it was imported from London directly , it should be around 450 pesos.

Local bottling shouldn't affect the quality at all . I would imagine that Diageo the brand owners will carefully control wht happens overseas.

As far as I can see it is bottled in the UK . The price doesn't make a lot of sense , unless they are just trying to steal sales from the competitors.

As far as I can see it is bottled in the UK . The price doesn't make a lot of sense , unless they are just trying to steal sales from the competitors.
I made a typo -- it is sold for 174 ARS and not 147 ARS, still, a very competitive price compared with other imported gins available now (tanqueray, bombay, beefeaters) which start at 450 ARS onward at Disco: https://www.disco.com.ar/Comprar/Home.aspx?#_atCategory=false&_atGrilla=true&_query=gin

Today I spotted a bottle of Hendricks in a wine shop, went in to ask how much it costs and the answer was a whopping 1600 ARS. So I'll take in the offense and keep drinking Gordon's. ;)

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knew somewhere in Buenos Aires to buy marmite and pg tips. Im sure the question has been asked before but no info so far, thanks.

Nobody sells British tea or marmite. Hopefully in a couple of years time (though Ive been saying that for 10 years now).

I wonder if anyone's selling Vegemite. If you know where, pls let me know. CHeers!

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knew somewhere in Buenos Aires to buy marmite and pg tips. Im sure the question has been asked before but no info so far, thanks.

More imported goods are appearing - I noticed Disco were selling Walkers shortbread last week - but overall British food items are still very thin on the ground. Hence why a couple of years ago I ordered tea from the British Corner Shop online. As the total order price was much less than £10 I assumed my package wouldn't be impounded. Eight months went by and it still hadn't turned up then one day I was informed to make the three hour journey to BA to collect my package as long as I handed over 150 pesos first. Needless to say I declined their offer.

Pretty sad when Expats in this day and age can't receive small valueless packages from home without having to go through hoops to get them. That episode changed my attitude to living here to be honest.

Hi, I guess this is a long shot but does anyone know of any shops out here that sells British products like marmite, robinsons squash etc?

Cheers
In the Mercado Bolivar, there is an Australian fish and chips stand that has Marmite or it might be Vegmite.

Although I was in Oz for 6 months I never did try vegemite, how does it compare in taste to Marmite?

Back