Broke? Make 5 grand just by getting married! Hahah

My favorite part is that gender is irrelevant. God Bless America!!! I mean God Bless Argentina!!! I mean God Bless Craigslist!!!

Well it's sad too, cheapening the institution of marriage. In the UK it is also illegal as there have been many false marriages in order to gain visas.

Just in case some cash strapped person is thinking of taking up the offer marriage fraud for immigration purposes is a Federal offense with jail terms up to 5 years and fines up to $250,000. There are also state laws you could be prosecuted under as well.

Does anybody know if Argentina extradites people wanted for crimes in the U.S.?

On a more serious note I do know several people who have gotten their residency in the U.S. through fake marriages. One of the downsides can be that unscrupulous people sometimes offer their services. What happens is half way through the process they inform the want to be immigrant that the price just went up substantially or else they are calling immigration officials, in other words extortion. People should be careful, this could be a reverse version(though I doubt it), you show up do the paperwork have the conversations that would incriminate you, just before you collect your money you are informed that this has all been recorded and for a fee you can get the recordings back before they are sent to the Federal authorities in the U.S.

Back