Brou Bank Account Comprobante Ingresos

snowboarder

Registered
Does anyone have any experience in opening a BROU account for US Citizen resident in Argentina WITH NO ARGENTINE income? I only have US income. Specifically, how do you get past the "Comprobante de Ingresos" hurdle? Thank you all!

It sounds quite a catch 22 because if you are a resident of Argentina you are taxed on your worldwide income, just like if you are a US resident/citizen.
It is true that there might a tax compensation scheme between the two countries, but you should still file for taxes in Argentina. I hope someone will be able to reply with a valid solution. In Argentina there are rules, and then there are rule breakers all over. Never say never!

Serafina: Short story: If you pay taxes on your US income in the US, you do not have to pay again in Argentina. I am a US lawyer. (Please note that this has little to nothing to do with my question about the BROU bureaucracy.)

I didn't say you have to pay something, I said I think you should file anyway a tax return in Argentina where you states that you do not own anything to Argentina despite your having income abroad (i.e. you declare your stuff and compensate with the amount of taxes paid abroad).

Does anyone have any experience in opening a BROU account for US Citizen resident in Argentina WITH NO ARGENTINE income? I only have US income. Specifically, how do you get past the "Comprobante de Ingresos" hurdle? Thank you all!

Show them proof of your US income. It worked for me. I also had my Northamerican accountant make a certified statement about my US income.

If an American has legal residency in Argentina with a DNI, can he open a dollar account in Uruguay? I have seen suggestions that it can be done, but I don't know the source, or how recent that opinion was given. Obviously an Argentine bank account would only be used for the deposit of pesos after ones dollars have been converted at blue rate. I would also be reluctant to keep more in an Argentine bank than I needed each month for my bills and expenses. Thanks for informed opinions and amusing uninformed ones.

If an American has legal residency in Argentina with a DNI, can he open a dollar account in Uruguay? I have seen suggestions that it can be done, but I don't know the source, or how recent that opinion was given. Obviously an Argentine bank account would only be used for the deposit of pesos after ones dollars have been converted at blue rate. I would also be reluctant to keep more in an Argentine bank than I needed each month for my bills and expenses. Thanks for informed opinions and amusing uninformed ones.

Yes, some banks in Uruguay allow you to open an account in dollars. I wouldn't advise selling your dollars and depositing pesos into you Argentine account if they're not declared. You won't want to get into trouble with AFIP.

I am curious of the advantages of having a bank account in Uruguay, compared to just using your US debit card (schwab, etc.) in Uruguay (or sending youself dollars via xoom, ria etc. to Uruguay)? One advantage I could think of is that it is easier to deposit dollars into the BROU dollar account if you have cash. But are there any other advantages?

Back