Brutally Beaten in Recoleta

orwellian said:
I'd tell you were to buy it if I knew. But I got mine in Spain.?

Thanks, that's about as usefull as John Wilkes Booth's last (two) words.

orwellian said:
pikto99, are you serious?

If pikto99 is serious, he is a serious racist.

victoria said:
I don't care to be raped, beaten senseless or murdered

None of these are likely to happen though. The most likely is that you will be robbed by someone desperate and opportunistic enough to try and take your property away from you. Fighting back with pepper spray, stun guns or any other defensive weapon could draw you into an armed struggle that could cost you your life. Pulling out a weapon escalates a situation, and you might provoke a reaction you could have otherwise avoided.

My friends aunt was shot dead because she accidentally put her car in reverse instead of forward, and her startled car jackers panicked.

Just keep valuables to a minimum when you're out in the street, and in the unfortunate event that anything happens just hand over what you can and end the situation as quickly as possible. Nothing is worth risking your life.

Its also probably not worth dwelling on, or worrying unduly. BA isn't the safest place in the world, but its not a warzone either. Statistically you put your life at greater risk when you get in a car or cross a road...

iStar said:
Take a look on the right side of the page under Robberies: It does list Argentina number 1 out of 47

Robberies 469,899
[1st of 47]

Yeah but not under per capita. Or does it?

That's terrifying Matt, I just got here and I'm staying in Recoleta even right now, so far it has seemed very safe but I guess it all depends. I hope you're recovering OK..

I used to live in san telmo and i got robbed a few times. Now i live in recoleta and i got over confident, walking home in streets at 5am again drunk out of my mind, thinking nothing could happen to me. Now its 1am and i wanna go out and buy........... something to eat. Im scared!! I live in pacheco de malo and callao..is that near the british embassy? I have no idea where it is. Anyway i am flyng, gonna go out and risk it, god bless you al!!!!!!!! in particular orwellian because I gues hes from france and I love france.

Damn, im moving there next week and now im scared to be able to walk the streets because of all this. I have been victim of burglary in orlando and was almost robbed in Brooklyn when some guy approached me and asked me for money and when i refused he followed me a couple feet then retreated. Oh well i guess i gotta get used to this, i'll have to take the proper precautions, See you all soon!

bloody_bloo said:
What's wrong with your logic? Not enough plasticity with neurons? Why take so much attention in labeling white, black, brown, what's the point? Can't you see that such things contribute in growing a mob prejudice against a kind? My god you are flat.

Let's not call people "flat" because they don't agree with you.

Personally, I don't believe that Matt said anything wrong when he said "young brown people". So what. He was simply giving a description. Skin color is going to be a natural physical part of that description.

When I read his post I wasn't focusing on race/skin color at all until you had to bring it up. If you want to stop contributing to a "growing mob prejudice" then stop injecting race into everything. It becomes a bigger issue because people, and the idiotic mainstream press, make it an issue. It's about creating class divisions and class warfare.

Stop giving energy to it and it will dissipate.

For anyone looking for Tazers and self defense items there is a Weapons/HUnting Shop on Lavalle and 9 de Julio..Its just off 9 de Julio on the left hand side of Lavalle and they stock lots of different things,from Stun Guns to Big Guns,I dont actually know everything they have, but I remember them having quite an inventory.Its small to the front but goes back a nice bit.While you do have to wait to be buzzed in and they will look you up and down several times,they are actually pretty nice....for arms dealers...grin
Not sure if I'm going to pass there in the next few days but if I do I'll check what they have

Forget to say that sucks Matt,Hope ya feel better soon.
BA is a dangerous place,but so are most major city's at 4 or 5am.Keep a wide eye all the time day and night and try and avoid the little gangs of teens at all times.Listen to your instincts,if you don't like the look of a street,take a different one,if you don't like the look of a group,cross the street well in advance.If a bar has a strange onda get out as fast as possible and find a good onda.Theres a lot of city to live and see and taking little precautions can make the difference between a good and a bad time spent here.

Back