Bs.as Over Christmas Period

Quiet is a relative term in a city of ten million.
Plenty of stuff will be open, its not like being in a small english town after 7pm or anything.

December, as a month, is usually the last hurrah before vacation, and a lot of things are still at a fever pitch all the way up to Jan 1. There are still plenty of events, dance, theater, art and music. There are literally dozens of museums, all still open. Only Christmas day itself will things be closed.

They will have plenty of fun.

I think I'm going to agree to work both days (Christmas and New Years Day) because they are weekdays and I'll get double pay/won't be as lonely, plus my work has this thing where if you work 2 feriados it equals 1 elective day off I think so that's going to be handy.

Is December 24th and New Years Eve (31) holidays as well? I want to rack up as much vacation days as I can so I can visit Patagonia in the Fall.

december 24 and 31 are working days, but the 90% of the people work up to 3 pm or so.

Hmmm, thinking of making an orphans dinner for Noche bueno. Everyone bring a dish and we watch the fireworks from my balcony. Let me know if your interested

That's an excellent idea!
Believe me when I say that I'd love to do something different like that.
Every year for the last 8 years we've done exactly the same thing, with the same people in the same house.
I don't wish to seem ungrateful at all, but you know, a little change never hurts.

That's an excellent idea!
Believe me when I say that I'd love to do something different like that.
Every year for the last 8 years we've done exactly the same thing, with the same people in the same house.
I don't wish to seem ungrateful at all, but you know, a little change never hurts.

Well maybe this idea will resurrect! I think I just would like two or three more takers and then we can make it happen. The apt is small so can't have too many either! Any others interested?

International guy you in too? Gringo boy is that an affirmative? I got you lejana! Any of my other expat buddies? Don't forget (ghost, Mc Kenna) there will probably be an apple pie. It's the least I can do!

Back