BsAs Cost of Living

Spfly731

Registered
I need a to evaluate the possibility of moving back (lived there in 2014 for a year). I have a small studio apt, so I wouldn’t be paying rent, but have no idea on food, electricity, gas, dinner out, etc! How much should I calculate I would spend monthly for one person?

Last edited:
if you are living in the US its about the same. The question is hard to answer because we dont know how you live. when trump gets done with his trade wars, its probably better in buenos aires. the dollar is getting stronger

I live in Los Angeles, CA., which is crazy expensive, Would I be able to live with about $2,000 dollars a month? I'm not a big shopper, so I wouldn't even think about buying clothes or shoes in BA, so most of my expenses would be a nice dinner out once a week and food, a taxi here and there (I walk a lot), I have expensas and abl already budgeted. I am thinking maybe I should travel down there for a month and check out the situation. Any info is still appreciated.

In my opinion the dollar has basically kept pace with inflation (it went up 10 % about a week or two ago) so you shouldn't find Buenos Aires much more expensive now than it was in 2014. If you spent $2k a month in 2014, that should give you about the same lifestyle here now.

if you are living in the US its about the same. The question is hard to answer because we dont know how you live. when trump gets done with his trade wars, its probably better in buenos aires. the dollar is getting stronger
Thank you

In my opinion the dollar has basically kept pace with inflation (it went up 10 % about a week or two ago) so you shouldn't find Buenos Aires much more expensive now than it was in 2014. If you spent $2k a month in 2014, that should give you about the same lifestyle here now.
Thank you

Utilities have gone up, but are still crazy cheap by US prices. I pay much much more for water, electricity, and gas in rural Washington State than I do for my apartment in BA. Food has also gone up- and, yes, some things are more expensive than in the USA, but many things are still much cheaper. The trick is to eat local. Imported ANYTHING in argentina is pricy. Made in Arg Fernet is maybe 12 dollars, versus the 40 bucks I pay here. Fresh produce is still a deal, fresh pasta, things like that.

Some rought figures - hope they help. Utilities would be under $300, including Internet and phone. Don't forget "expensas", which should be around $150 for a small apartment. Lunches are about ten-twelve dollars for the "executive menu" in neighborhood restaurants, and about twenty-thirty dollars a la carte. Dinner is 50% more expensive. Best of luck...!

Utilities have gone up, but are still crazy cheap by US prices. I pay much much more for water, electricity, and gas in rural Washington State than I do for my apartment in BA. Food has also gone up- and, yes, some things are more expensive than in the USA, but many things are still much cheaper. The trick is to eat local. Imported ANYTHING in argentina is pricy. Made in Arg Fernet is maybe 12 dollars, versus the 40 bucks I pay here. Fresh produce is still a deal, fresh pasta, things like that.[/QUOTthan
Thanks for the info

Back