BsAs Cost of Living

Some rought figures - hope they help. Utilities would be under $300, including Internet and phone. Don't forget "expensas", which should be around $150 for a small apartment. Lunches are about ten-twelve dollars for the "executive menu" in neighborhood restaurants, and about twenty-thirty dollars a la carte. Dinner is 50% more expensive. Best of luck...!
Everything helps, thanks!

twenty or thirty dollars for lunch? where? at the Alvear Palace?
one of the best gourmet burger places in town, Delapiane Bar, has 200 peso special regularly that includes an amazing huge burger, fries, and a pint of craft beer. 200 pesos these days is EIGHT dollars, not thirty. There is no doubt you can spend thirty bucks on lunch. But there are tons of places you can spend under ten. Again, you gotta eat local. Pizza, pasta, chori's, burgers, empanadas- all are available for lunch quite reasonably. Another place I like to eat, the pasta place Salgados Alimentos, near Scalibrini, has its pasta main courses priced in the same range- 200 to 250, for Pesto Risotto, or Ravioles de Cordero, and usually 175 to 200 peso complete lunches. This is not some dive, its really interesting innovative food. I love their curry ravioles, for example. There are dozens of other restaurants I like with similar prices- 8 to 10 USD for an entire lunch, and its good.

If your apt costs are deminimus, $2000/mo will afford you a comfortable life style. That exceeds the income of most public employees, teachers, laborers who have to pay rent and feed/clothe a kid or two. According to the link in post #13, it would be equivalent to $5000/mo in Miami - and that doesn't take into account your housing cost is 0.

Yes of course you can live on USD $2,000 if you own your own apt. You have to factor in health insurance though. Age is a factor in determining price.

twenty or thirty dollars for lunch? where? at the Alvear Palace?
one of the best gourmet burger places in town, Delapiane Bar, has 200 peso special regularly that includes an amazing huge burger, fries, and a pint of craft beer. 200 pesos these days is EIGHT dollars, not thirty. There is no doubt you can spend thirty bucks on lunch. But there are tons of places you can spend under ten. Again, you gotta eat local. Pizza, pasta, chori's, burgers, empanadas- all are available for lunch quite reasonably. Another place I like to eat, the pasta place Salgados Alimentos, near Scalibrini, has its pasta main courses priced in the same range- 200 to 250, for Pesto Risotto, or Ravioles de Cordero, and usually 175 to 200 peso complete lunches. This is not some dive, its really interesting innovative food. I love their curry ravioles, for example. There are dozens of other restaurants I like with similar prices- 8 to 10 USD for an entire lunch, and its good.
Have never been to the Alvear Palace restaurant, but it is twenty-five dollars for a steak lunch at my San Isidro neighborhood "La Vaca" restaurant. Same for Buenos Aires Verde in Colegiales, or Green Bamboo, same for Nonno in Las Cañitas. Neither of those places is fancy, but there are not "hole in the wall" places either. I'm talking about a complete steak, fries, soft drink, and dessert lunch. Of course, a plate of ravioli is cheaper.

Have never been to the Alvear Palace restaurant, but it is twenty-five dollars for a steak lunch at my San Isidro neighborhood "La Vaca" restaurant. Same for Buenos Aires Verde in Colegiales, or Green Bamboo, same for Nonno in Las Cañitas. Neither of those places is fancy, but there are not "hole in the wall" places either. I'm talking about a complete steak, fries, soft drink, and dessert lunch. Of course, a plate of ravioli is cheaper.

Agreed a steak lunch with fries , drink and cover is $500 pesos at least depending on the exchange... You can find some prix fixe lunch menus for under $300 but no STEAK Lasagna perhaps. You can enjoy a double burger with fries and soda for $200 at Dean & Denis or a Fugazzeta slice and soda for $120 at Kentucky's Pizza .. Your Choice.:rolleyes:

Yes of course you can live on USD $2,000 if you own your own apt. You have to factor in health insurance though. Age is a factor in determining price.

Or one can sign up for the free city plan Coberatura Portena de Salud. I signed up three years ago.

Is this available for foreigners and does it cover a wide variety of basic things?

Back